Chapter 15

Amira's POV

Next morning✨

I woke up, took a bath, and wore a comfortable suit. Yaksh entered my room and hugged me. "You look beautiful," he said.

"Thank you, sweetheart," I replied.
He then asked, "Should I call you mom or chachi?"
I hesitated but then said, "Whatever you like."

Just then, Agastya entered the room. Yaksh hugged me again and said, "Dadi was calling you," before leaving.

I turned to Agastya. "Where were you? I was alone. Agastya, I am asking you something," I said, feeling frustrated. "Who are Yaksh's real parents and where are they?"

Agastya ignored me. I asked again, "I deserve answers. Tell me, I need to know."

Agastya was on the bed. He pulled me onto him and said, "You need answers, right? Yaksh is not my son; he is my brother's. His mom left him and my brother when he was just one year old because she was having an affair. My brother couldn't take it, so he left India and started his business in America. He never comes to meet Yaksh. Do you know how hard it was for him to grow up without any parents? We gave him everything but just not a mother's love. It was hard for me and my mom too. But why do you care?"

He pushed me aside and was heading to the restroom when I asked, "What about Shanaya? You both were married."
He ignored me and went into the bathroom. These questions killed me. What happened between him and Shanaya? Why isn't he giving me answers? All I know right now is that I need to make things better.

I made breakfast for everyone. Mom, Dad, and Yaksh loved it. When Agastya came, I asked him to sit, but he said to his mom, "I'm leaving for the office."