Chapter 8

Agastya's POV

"This was the best night," I told her, and she replied, "Likewise."
"I want to tell you something," I said.
She asked, "What?"
"Not here," I replied. "I want you to come to Café de Flora tomorrow."

She shook her head. "I can't come. I'm busy with something."
Disappointment washed over me. "So whenever you're free," I insisted.

"This week is impossible," she said, clearly getting a bit upset.
"Alright, it's on. But after one week, you have to come," I said firmly.
"Okay," she agreed. "But when?"
"June 1st, at 2:00 PM," I told her, as today was May 25th.
"Okay," she agreed, and with that, she left.

Day and night, I thought about her. This girl was so mysterious, and I liked that about her. She was determined, hardworking, and took care of everyone around her. Despite being so popular in college, she was always humble with everyone. I didn't think I'd ever find a girl like her. I booked the café for June 1st and was very excited.

June 1st
I couldn't sleep the entire night because of how excited I was. I was going to propose to her today. I couldn't stop myself. I got ready, wearing my suit. I arrived at the café, one of the prettiest in Delhi.
I made sure everything was perfect. I checked the food because it was 3:00 PM, and Amira was still not here. I called her twice, but she didn't pick up. I thought she must be stuck in traffic.
I waited for her and again checked everything. An hour passed. I called her again many times, but she didn't pick up. Two hours passed, and she was still nowhere to be seen. I was worried about her, but I didn't know where she lived. All I could do was wait.

By 10:00 PM, I had lost hope. I called her many times, but she didn't pick up. I was heartbroken. This was the first time I had liked someone, and this happened to me. I left the place, defeated.

Over the next month, I called and texted Amira many times, but she never responded. She even changed her number. My family was pressuring me to get engaged with Shanaya, but I saw zero compatibility between her and me. I liked Amira. I waited for two months, but my family's pressure made me get engaged with Shanaya. I waited for Amira, but she never came. All that was left was me and my broken heart. I stopped talking with everyone, completely losing myself, waiting for answers......................