Chapter 04

Anahita

Anahita

On the next day, I woke up with a newfound excitement. Where did it come from? Maybe it's the prospect of going to the flower shop, which I'm really looking forward to.

I quickly get up thinking of taking a shower, as I was late and soaking in the hot water would take extra time. It's already nine, I have to hurry or I'll be late on the first day of work. Well, not first technically. Result of my enthusiasm actually that I've started working from yesterday itself and it was truly nice.

Getting ready in a beige pant and and brown shirt, tying my hair up in a messy bun. I put some nude lipstick and head to the closet. Taking my bag with my I left the room and descended the stairs. Took a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice from the servant and declined having any breakfast when asked, for I was still running late. Took a bottle of water with me, it was half past nine. It will take approximately thirty minutes for me to reach blue's blossoms and I wanted to stop at the cute cafe which I visited yesterday to take pastries with me. Neela brought me lunch yesterday, said it was a welcome treat so I wanted to return the kindness and thought of taking pastries for her. Hastily leaving I jogged to the cafe which name I came to know is 'spice & coco'. Looking at the display of delicious goodness, I was so indecisive of which flavour to choose. Strawberry..no, blueberry...no, what if she doesn't like berries. Maybe chocolate, you can never go wrong with chocolate. Yeah chocolate it is then. I bought two chocolate truffles pastry and scurried to blue's blossoms.

"Heya I know I'm late, I'm so sorry it won't happen again." I rambled on as I entered.

"Relax. You are exactly on time." Neela said calmly, gesturing towards the clock which was hanging on the wall behind the counter.

I peered up at the clock. It was sharp ten. I released a sigh. " I thought I was going to embarrass myself, coming late and all. What impression it would have left.... Anyways look, I brought you happiness in a box." I showed her the paper bag smiling to myself, genuinely feeling happy.

"You brought me dessert." She squealed with joy.

"Yes. I hope you like chocolate." I said taking out the pastries and giving one to her.

"Of course, I love it. Thank you." She said grabbing the box and takes a nice long sniff. Her eyes closing in delight, "heavenly" she mumbled.

I chuckled observing her antics. "Ok let's see how it tastes, shall we?" I said and we both finished it in minutes. The sugary chocolaty goodness was too good.

After that we worked the whole day. Making bouquets and arranging flowers. We ordered sandwich from the cafe and had those for lunch. Completing today's work we left the shop together and went on our seperate ways.

It was five forty when I reached the villa. As I entered the foyer Leela came rushing towards me.

" Ma'am bade sahab has ordered me to shift your things to the master bedroom." She told me nervously.