Chapter 06

Anahita

Anahita

What does he think of himself ? Doing whatever the hell he wants and expecting everyone to just sit there and obey him. No, I will not do it. I was mumbling to myself while arranging the hydrangeas in the back room of the shop when Neela came barreling towards me.

"Ana... There's is a gentleman outside looking for you."

"Looking for me. Why ?" I asked still immersed in my work or rather I say grumbling.

"How would I know. He's quite a sight in a suit if I may add." She said while examining an orchid. "Says he's looking for his wife."

"What ?" I screeched and went near the curtains seperating the main shop and back room. I moved it slightly to look outside and saw that a shining Maserati is parked across the street. It is Adhrit's car, there is no mistaking it as I've seen it before In the garage but I can't see him anywhere. where is he, Did he went inside the car after inspecting about me. That egotistic know-it-all.

I quickly came back to where Neela was standing observing my antics.

"I'm afraid I have to clock out. Can I leave early today, I promise I'll make up for it later." I tried to convince her.

"Sure, but remember the promise." She said trying to sound stern but failing miserably.

"Of course" I said getting my bag from the shelf.

"Wait a second." I heard her from behind me as I started leaving and turn to look at her.

"Take this" she said handing me a beautiful bouquet of blush pink peonies and baby breaths.

"What's this for ?" I furrowed my eyebrows while taking out my card from the bag.

"No need to pay me for it." She swatted my card away . "I just felt like giving it to you. Maybe the cold war will resolve after you give him these beauties unless he's allergic to them. He's not allergic to them right?" She asked looking genuinely concerned for that non feeling creature.

"He's not. And there's no such thing as cold war, going on." I tried correcting her.

"Yeah,yeah. You don't have to explain it to me. I find it hard to believe that there's nothing on your mind with you stomping around the whole room and the fact that you aren't looking at every flower as if you want to steal their colours." She pointed out. "And besides I heard you grumbling away." She added when she saw my hand waving lightly, trying to dismiss her observations.

"I'll take these for myself because you are so kind and sweet. And I don't want to dishonour your thoughtfulness, not because some cold war that is needed to be resolved." I said taking the bouquet from her and headed outside.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night. Or should I say no sleep at all, for you." She winked adding the last part.

My ears suddenly felt hot and the pink stained my cheeks hearing her hidden remarks. "That is not..." Getting flustered I started to say something but couldn't thought of anything so I just waved her goodbye and left the shop. She waved me back and turned to continue her work. As I strided towards the black Maserati my eyes turned towards the shop wall on their own when I saw some movement there.