Chapter 14

Anahita

Anahita

It had been raining today along with the harsh wind resulting in a cold and gloomy weather without the sun. The sky had turned sombre in the afternoon giving off the illusion of evening in the middle of the day as the dark clouds had covered the sun. Personally I don't mind these kind of weathers apart from the inconvenience it causes to those people who don't have a choice but to have to go out for work or for those going to schools and all. I remember what a hassle it used to be for me on work days but I didn't hate it. Well, maybe a little but watching the rain with tea and a book in bed was something I enjoyed a lot.

Having nothing to do, I was holed up in the bedroom after sauntering through the library and returning with some books. I was trying to read but couldn't bring my mind to concentrate on the words. The kids are not here as they went out with their parents so the house was feeling empty and Adhrit too was busy working in his study. So, when the rain stopped and the weather cleared a bit, I went out to the backyard garden.

The sun was visible now, blessing us with it's soothing and warm presence. The sun hasn't set and it was still partially covered by the clouds. I was strolling in the garden, admiring the alluring beauty and delicate fragrance of various flowers. I saw the new buds of rain lilies which were about to bloom, curtsey of the weather. Leaning over the pink roses I was about to pluck one when I got distracted by a hesitant voice of someone's throat clearing from beside me. I turn my head to find my husband standing there, just a couple of feet away from me.

"Adhrit! what are you doing here." I turned and face him.

"The scene in front of me is too beautiful for me to ignore and work instead of savouring it. Don't you think?"

"What?" I scrunched my brows together.

"The weather, Anahita." He said with his ever so calm voice, tipping his head up, gesturing towards the sky. I nodded in understanding.

"Why, do you want me to go?" He asked with one of his eyebrows raised and the expression which clearly states he won't go even if I tell him to.

"It's your house. You can stay if you want."

"That's not what I asked."

"Does it matter?"

"yes"

"Then yes. I want you to stay." I replied, taking a much needed breath and turned back to the task in hand but not before I caught the nodding of his head along with the slight curling up of the corner of his lips in amusement.

I plucked the rose which I was in the middle of plucking before someone interrupted me unceremoniously and add it to the bunch I'm holding.

Turning on my heels I started towards the gerbera flowers but stopped due to the sharp pulling of my dupatta. Turning back, I found that the fringed end was caught in the thorns of the plant while I was busy plucking the flower. Before I could lean over to retrieve it, Adhrit was already reaching for it.