Chapter 12

So when Brandon woke up he tried to do something. I could tell because he was squirming while I was hugging him. I got up and he said,

"Sorry, I was trying to wipe your tears."

I spoke up.

"Brandon... I'm so so sorry that I did this. It's all my fault that you have all of these broken and sprained injuries and that you have to have surgeries and you're even in the this hospital and.... That you know me." I started to tear up.

He asked,

"What do you mean?"

I replied saying,

"If you didn't know me, this would've never have happened to you."

There was a long silence.

"No, Nikki its okay. I learned to never fall in love too fast. It's all my fault actually. I fell in love with you and I thought you felt the same way... But... I guess I was wrong."

My heart fell into my stomach.

"Brandon.... I do love you. I love you soooo much. I'll prove it."

So I went over to him and cupped his face. My lips touched his and I kissed him passionately. After forever. I leaned back. I hugged him and whispered,

"I really do love you."

I stood up and walked to the door but Brandon stopped me.

"Wait!"

I looked back.

"Stay with me."

I smiled and sat by him. I took his and and we fell asleep.

~THE NEXT MORNING~

I woke up the next morning with sun shining on my face. I was on the hospital bed with Brandon at my side. He was awake already.

"Brandon, what were you doing?!?!"

"Watching you sleep of course." He said while smiling.

I hugged him and realized it was Saturday. I got up and said,

"Brandon, I have to go now. But I'll come visit as soon as I can. Bye." I turned around ready to walk but he grabbed my wrist. I turned back around.

"I'm having my surgeries today and I'll be coming home tomorrow. So... Do you wanna hang out at the park Sunday night?"

He asked with a hopefull look on his face.

I smiled and said,

"Of course. We can watch the fireworks they have on display today."

"Great!"

Just before I left I asked,

"As friends right?"

He frowned and bit his lip.

"Um yeah I guess. See you then."

I nodded and went home.

Sigh. As friends.

Brandon's P.O.V

I cannot believe I said, 'yeah' to Nikki. I should've said,

'No! Of course not! As more than that!'

Ugh I'm gonna have to be more careful in our relationship. If we have another one. I will always love her. Forever and always.

Oh no. She took off the locket I gave her. It's on the table beside my hospital bed. I guess no going further then.

Anyway I'm tired. Sweet dreams to me.

Nikki's P.O.V

Oh nooooo! AHHHHH! I left the locket at the hospital with Brandon.... I hope he won't feel bad.

I'm beat up about being 'just friends' I love Brandon. Forever and always. All in my dorky days.

Hopefully.