chapter seventeen

Song: Still Don't Know My Name by Labrinth

"You were right." I hear June's voice crack. "I'm so sorry for not listening to you." She cries into the phone. I stay silent. Not knowing what to even say.

I wasn't sure how to comfort her. "I'm so so sorry Ella." She panicked. "You don't need to apologize." I said softly. I could hear it in her voice. The pain, the regret.

"No, I do Ella. I was a terrible friend because of some girl. I should have b-belived you. I'm sorry Ella–" I cut her off, trying to get her to calm down before she needs up having a panic attack.

"Breath June. It's okay, I understand. Where are you?" I asked softly. Her heavy and rushed breath came through the phone. "I'm walking to your house." I softly laughed. June would always walk to my house when she is upset.

"I hope you're not mad." How could I be mad at her? I quickly slip on shoes and head down stairs meeting her out there.

Once I spot her I hang up. When she spots me a sob brecks from her lips. Her eyes were swollen and her short hair was messy. Rushing to pull her into my arms.

"Why would she do that?" She cried as her arms wrapped around me tightly. Pulling back a bit. "She's a bitch." She nods with a laugh.

"I'm sorry Ella." I shook my head with a sad smile on my face as I stared at my best friend. "It's okay June." I try to convince her but fail at my attempt.

I pull out of her embrace and begin walking back inside. I can hear her sniffles as she walks behind me. My heart hurts for her. Of course it would, seeing my best friend in pain like this hurts.

Once we make it to my room and I close the door she throws herself onto my bed. Face first might I add. "No you don't understand Ella." She cries.

Yeah it was true I didn't understand how she was feeling or what was going through her head but I tried my best.

"Ella, I ruined our friendship for some girl." I shake my head at my best friend. "June." I say softly as I sit onto my bed.

I looked at her, June's face was shoved into a pillow. She clenched it to her like her life depended on it. I know it was her way to try to muffle her cries because she hates crying in front of people. 

"I truly don't believe anything can ruin our friendship." She pulled her face out of my pillow. Tears stained my pillowcase but I didn't mind.

She looked over at me with teary eyes. "Promise?" Her voice cracked slightly. I nodded.  "I promise...Unless you don't get me food." She smacked me with the pillow as she laughed.

A small smile on her face as she did so.

She wasn't back to normal of course she wouldn't be. At least for a while. "I haven't broken up with her yet." My head snaps over to her, wide eye'd.