chapter eighteen

Song: Love Story by Taylor Swift

I stare at her. She doesn't notice me though. Ella was staring down at the book in her hand.

I don't think she has even realized that class started 20 minutes ago. She is so sucked into the book that she doesn't even notice that I have moved closer.

Her pink lips were in a pout as she turned the page again. God I want to kiss her but she's mad at me. Not that she shouldn't be.

I fucked up for leaving that night but I can't give her the answers she wants. "You shouldn't be here Ella." Her green eyes snap up to my dark ones.

When she finally realized it was me she scoffed trying to move past me but failed when I blocked her from moving.

"Move River." She snapped. Her green eyes held anger. "Why don't you miss me?" She holds the book to her chest, clenching it like she's trying not to bash my skull against the shelf next to us.

"Miss you?" She laughs, shaking her head. "Move River I have class." I sigh and move out of her. I hear as she shuffles behind me.

I would have let her walk away but my mouth was already moving and so was my body; I gripped her wrist lightly, not wanting to hurt her.

"My dad called." I muttered. Ella stopped, slowly turning to face me. I swallow the lump in my throat. "He was drunk." My jaw clenched at the memory.

Ella steps closer, not removing her wrist from my grasp. Just touching her made my body tingle and become hot. "You should have at least told me that you were leaving." She pulled out of my hold, leaving me cold.

"I knew I wish I did." I glance at the floor. I rejected leaving as soon as I climbed out her window and I rejected it more when I saw her cry. I hurt her when I didn't even mean to.

"Wishing you did but it doesn't fix it Riv." She was right. She was always right. I look up into her eyes.

"Then come with me. Skip class with me." Her green eyes go wide. "Right now?" I nod. It's not like she didn't skip class to read.

When she starts to shake her head I start talking. "Just once Ella. One time and I will never ask you to come with me again." I rushed out, hoping that she would say yes.

She pulls her bottom lips into her mouth slightly. I don't think she was even aware that she was doing that. Annoyed with herself she rolls her eyes.

"God I hate you." She grumbles under her breath. I smile knowing that I had her right where I wanted her.

"So that's a yes?" I smile slightly. "If you don't start moving it won't be." Ella grumbles, spinning around.

She quickly walks out of the library. Before we know it the hallways were filled with teengers trying to get to their next class.