𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧

The other observers in the gym were silent as tsukishima continued to take jabs at Kageyama, in the hopes of riling him up and revealing his 'true' self. "Don't out jot use your quick sets anymore because you lost your nerve from that match?"

Kageyama stayed silent, a deafening silence flowed through the gym, unnervingly making
y/n's spine tingle. Listen to Tsukishima really made her want to be sick. Having enough, the girl abandoned the boys side as she walked towards the net.

"Hey." The attention was drawn to her as she glared up at the taller boy, whose face was covered in a smirk. "You better knock it out, you piece of shit." While her face was blank, a tight tension was now filled as the two had a brief moment of hostility, as the boys smirk dropped, in shock how a girl had spoken to him in such a manner.

Tanaka, being his usual self walked to y/n's side and shared a glare towards him. "Dude. Y/n's right, you're yammering on too much." The two were now standing side by side as they both glared at the blonde, who was watching them in amusement now that Tanaka came into the equation, knowing how easy it is to rail him up.

Before things could get too bad, Daichi interrupted him with, "tanaka," with a stern look on his face which would make any child cry. The boy backed off after this, walking back over to the side of the court, making tsukishika feel satisfied, but still uneasy as y/n was still glaring at him.

"If nobody jumps when you set a ball-" Tsukishima carried on, just to be interrupted by Kageyama, "you're right." Everyone then looked at him with mild shock and anticipation, waiting for him to continue. He breathed out a sigh, "the fact that i set a ball, and no one is there... it's truly frightening." His body clenched up while he spoke that.

Everyone was silent, before Hinata spoke up. "But that was back in junior high, right?" Everyone looked back at him in shock, but y/n looked peaceful. "You set a ball to me just fine. It makes no difference to me." Kageyama seemed most surprised as he looked at the front, seeming to come to his senses.

The ginger haired one then pointed at the lanky blonde boy and shouted, "the real problem for me is how I'm going to get past you!" A declaration of war was made, as this begun to lighten the environment.

Everyone around the girl was laughing, but she looked pleasantly serene, as she watched the scene with a fond look. Her eyes had a glint of relief as she was reassured that they had a strong mind, and that they wouldn't let the little things hold them back from the bigger picture.

Hinata then abruptly stormed to Kageyama who seemed uncomfortable. "We'll win against Tsukishima, become official club members, and you will bravely play setter." He commanded, "and you'll set a ball for me. What else is there?"

Kageyama's face was scrunched up as his eyes twitched, seeing to be unfamiliar to the amount of faith this boy was putting on him. Y/n watched the two and slowly exhaled, a fragmented smile appeared on her face. They'll be great partners together...

While others were watching, Tsukishima had a look of frustration displayed on his face. "How pure and straightforward... it's irritating." He's beyond annoying the girl thought, as her smile was wiped from her face as she turned back to him.

"Boo hoo. Not everything will go your way." She told him, her face bland as she lectured him. Everyone went tongue tied as they watched the boy walk away with a grimace and irked face.

He grabbed the ball and walked to the opposite side of the court, now lining up for a serve. Everyone else got into position as he lifted the ball up with one hand. "You can't make up for height by psyching yourself up. You're dead wrong." He then served the ball.

Y/n watched the movement of it as she placed herself behind it, her shoulders up as she bumped it to Kageyama. "Well that was a lot easier than i thought." She remarked loudly, catching the opposing teams attention, getting a glimpse of Tsukishima's frustrated face.