10. I guess we now have to accept changes.

Charlie had gotten my strawberry milkshake. She also bought a pizza for us to eat together. Soon we started to get to know each other better.

— Wow, so, you played volleyball in Mexico? — I asked before taking a sip of my milkshake.

— That's right, I always liked sports, to be honest. But I had to leave it. — she responded and took a bite of her pizza.

— What? Why?

— I injured my knee in a game. That demotivated me a lot. I spent some time depressed in rehab and physical therapy. — I felt her gaze fade after that sentence, and then she smiled to hide it. — But I was younger. Look at me now, obviously, my knee isn't bothering me anymore. I had medical attention in time, so I feel pretty good now.

— I see, although it's okay if it still makes you sad. — I assured her, taking her hand.

She turned her gaze sharply to me. I looked at her too. We were both surprised when I took her hand. Soon we both put our hands away and moved it away from each other. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who had felt an electrical pulse run through my body as soon as I took her hand.

— Thank you, Nora. — she mentioned clearing her throat. — It's okay, if I hadn't been injured, I would not have come to the U.S. to study to become a voice-over artist. And I wouldn't have discovered how much I love painting either. — a sincere smile appeared on her face, showing relief.

— That's cool. By the way, you do it quite well. — I smiled back.

— Thanks. But hey, what can you tell me about yourself, Nora? — she took a sip of her soda. — Do you have any hobbies?

— Well, I like to read. I have a lot of books on shelves in my apartment. — I shrugged my shoulders.

— Yeah, but I imagine that's because you're a writer. Is there anything other than literature that you like? And besides from Taylor Swift, of course.

I smiled and thought about my answer. — Okay, fine. — I sighed, — I like to sing.

Charlie was surprised by my response.

— Really? Sing to me, come on, I want to hear you.

—Charlie, we're eating. — I took a sip of my milkshake.

— So?

— Many people. I only sing when no one sees me. — I shrugged my shoulders.

— Okay no problem. I will not insist any further.

I laughed. Then I looked at her as she took another sip of her soda.

— Ah! I almost forgot. My theater friends gave me the contact of a scriptwriter. — she told me, writing down someone's phone number on a napkin. — This is his contact, call him when you're ready. — then she proceeded to pass the napkin to me.

I took it and put it in my tote bag.

— I see you copied my style. — I mentioned putting away the napkin.

Charlie laughed. — What can I say? That's what happens when you hang out with you too much.

We had already finished eating. I turned to meet her eyes. For some reason, I shivered when my name came from her lips.

— Thank you, Charlie.

— You're welcome.

Our gazes had connected again, I felt myself sinking into the color of her eyes, consumed by that brown that was abundant in her gaze. They took me away from our current place, away from the sight of others, it was just her and me.