The rook and the king

Isabella got up early to wake her Emperor to see if he wanted to join her in her morning routine. She wore short shorts and a tank top.  Upon entering his room she blushed at the display she saw. Y/n and Yubelluna in the same bed both cuddled up to each other as Yubelluna had her head in the crook of his neck as her body pressed up against the boys.  The rook didn't understand why she was blushing at this sight. How was this any different from her and Riser sleeping together. I mean that's what a king and queen do. But every time she came to check on them they were both naked and sweaty. But this one was different. Yubelluna was dressed up in her night gown as the Sun Dragon was in a pair of workout shorts and a tank top. Their bodies weren't sweaty like the times with Riser. They seemed content with each others company. Isabella moved to the side as she shook Y/n making him slowly open his eyes. 

"Good morning Isabella." He greeted as the Rook looked down at him with her hands on her hips. Leaning down she smirked at him as her breast jiggled. 

"Good morning Romeo. Want to come work out with me?" She asked as the boy nodded. Moving back she watched as he tried to get up only to feel the weight of Yubelluna on him. "Yeah. What were you two doing last night?" She teased making him blush. 

"Nothing too spicy. Don't worry." He said before gently moving Yubelluna so he would get up. "Next time I'll invite you." He teased making her silently chuckle. 

"I look forward to it hot shot." She said as she left so he could get ready. Waiting a few minutes he came out with his phone.

"Hope you don't mind but I invited Issie. Not sure if  he'll see it considering how early it is." He yawned.

"We'll see. Ready for our run?" She asked making him nod.  "Good cause I'm gonna make you sweat." She teased making him chuckle. 

" Hope you got the stamina. I don't stop until I've finished." He smirked making her lightly punch his arm. 

"Shut up you dork." She laughed as they left to do their run. After doing a two mile run the two stopped at a park as they drank from the water fountain.  Y/n looked around and noticed a bathroom as he pointed over his shoulder with his thumb. 

"I'm gonna use the restroom. I'll be back." He said to which Isabella smirked.

"Don't think of me too much when you're in there." She smirked making him flip her off with a smile.  "Never knew Y/n had this side of him. It's kind of fun." She smirked before noticing an old couple enjoying their time in the park with the ducks. Kids were enjoying their time at the playground and Parents were fishing with their kids. "It's so Lively here. Much different than the house of Phoenix." She said before noticing Y/n walking out of the bathroom. "Did you wash your hands young man?"

"Yes mom." He said playfully annoyed as she giggled. 

"Alrighty. I think it's time for push ups. Let's go find a stop." She said before the two walked around and noticed a grassy hill making Isabella smirk as she looked towards the boy. "Right here should be good. Now down you go." She said as he sighed and got into the push up position.  He was quickly thrown off as he felt a weight on his back. Looking to the side he noticed Isabellas feet to the left of him before the weight got heavier as her feet vanished from view. 

"Isabella." He said trying to get his breath in his lungs from the sudden shift. "You're-"

"If you say I'm heavy. I swear to god." She said looking down at him as he kept his mouth shut.

"I wasn't gonna say that.....I was gonna say you're..uhm..thicc?" He asked as she looked at him with a raised eyebrow. 

"You still called me fat." She said making him gasp for air before collapsing. Standing up off of him she looked at him as she crossed her arms.

"No. Issie told me thicc means you're very curvy." He said before rolling onto his back looking at her. But due to her chest her couldn't see the bottom part of her face. "Point proven."

"Tell me Y/n. Why did he chose you?" She asked sitting next to him as he sat up.

"You mean Ra?" he asked as she nodded her head. "Truth be told. I'm not sure myself. When those bandits raided and I was shot in the head by the arrow. I thought my life was over. My life would be gone even after I worded the chant of my gods winged dragon." He said feeling his forehead where the arrow would've been at.  "But I didn't. I woke up in a room unfamiliar to me. I was told about the history of my gods dragon and the war between Osiris and Set. To be honest, It was A LOT of information for my head at the time." He chuckled a bit before looking at his right arm. "Over the years I helped rebuild Egypt and trained hard to harness the power of my partner. But the final three months before the rise of the sacred beasts were the most important. I fought with my brother Asim in the front lines of our pharohs army. Turns out he had cancer. God I wish I could've done something for him." 

"You couldn't heal him?" Isabella asked making him shake his head.

"No....my healing doesn't work on other godly beings or champions. The divine energy from the two would conflict against each other." He smiled making Isabella confused.

"Why are you smiling about that?" she asked making Y/n look into the sky.

"Because it makes me treasure the time I have with my friends and family. I know when my time comes I'll be happy with the time I spent with my friends and know that they'll remember me. I mean not being able to save Asim from the sacred beasts and not being there for Sadiki in her final hours are proof of that. I wasn't there for them so I'm always gonna try to be there for you guys." 

"Y/n?" 

"Hmm?" 

"Do you have survivors guilt?"

This question caught the emperor off as he looked at her with shock. Isabella looked at him with intensity as she started to list off the things that he's been through. 

"You died with your family but was brought back to life. You were in part of Egypt's army and seen many people die along with being in the vietnam war. Your friends and family died while you were in your coma. How can you be so happy all the time?" She said making the boy look down in thought.

"I think I do...I just don't want to deal with it as much...any negative emotion will allow the sacred beasts to gain control."

"So you never truly got to grieve......" Isabella deducted as he nodded his head. "Y/n when you are freed from these monsters. Promise me you'll release all your anger, sadness, and misery."

"I will." He smiled making he smile back as she looked at the time.

"We should get going. The girls are probably awake." 

"Yeah...we should." Standing up the rook moved down the hill as Y/n looked at her. "Isabella...when the time is right I want you to tell me why you wear that mask." He smiled making her nod.

"Of course my emperor."