The Wedding Planner

One Month Later
June 5th; 2027
Taylor Swift's Point of View
The insistent blare of the baby monitor pierces my sleep. I groan, the sound a low rumble in my chest. Through the haze of sleep, I register Travis stir beside me.  Lydia. It's my turn.

I fling the covers back and swing my legs over the side of the bed, the cool air a shock to my skin.  The lamp clicks on, casting a warm glow over the room.  Padding into the nursery,  I scoop Lydia up from her crib.

"Hi there, sweetheart," I murmur, my voice thick with sleep.  Instantly, as always, her cries begin to subside. She nuzzles into my shoulder, a tiny sigh escaping her lips. This little girl craves closeness, thrives on human touch.

A quick sniff tells me a diaper change is in order.  I change her with practiced ease, the familiar routine ingrained in my memory. But as I reach down to place her back in the crib, her hand shoots out, grasping at air. Her lower lip trembles, and a fresh wail erupts.

"What is it, my love?" I ask, though I know it's a rhetorical question. If only babies could talk.  With a defeated sigh, I scoop her up again.  Maybe she's hungry?

Back in our room, I sink onto the bed, my eyelids heavy. Laziness wins, and with a mental groan, I pull my shirt off over my head. Lydia roots instinctively, finding my breast and latching on with a sigh of contentment.

"Hungry, little one?" Travis mumbles from beneath the covers, his voice muffled by the pillow.

"Yep," I confirm, barely a whisper escaping my lips. "You should go back to sleep."

"No, it's okay. I'm awake already." He lets out a long yawn.

"I know it's crazy late," I start, my voice thick with sleep, "but there's something I want to talk about."

"Maybe I do want to go back to sleep," he says, his words laced with a desire to postpone the conversation.

I can't help but chuckle, swatting his arm playfully. "Hey, it's nothing bad, really."

He finally turns towards me, a question mark etched on his face. "Alright, alright. What is it?"

"It's our anniversary," I say, the weight of the unsaid hanging heavy in the air. "A year since you proposed."

A flicker of surprise crosses his features before a sheepish grin spreads across his face. "Oh yeah, I know. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten." He pauses, a nervous chuckle escaping his lips. "Just wasn't expecting a three am celebration."

Taking a deep breath, I plunge forward. "It's about the wedding, Travis. We haven't made a single plan, not even a single idea of what we want." My frustration bubbles up, a year's worth of unspoken thoughts finally bursting forth. "We've been engaged for a year, and we're nowhere near getting married."

Travis offers a vague explanation. "We have just been busy, I guess. With Lydia and Grace it all just...the timing never felt right." It feels like a brush-off, leaving a knot of worry tightening in my stomach.

"Do you still want to get married, Travis?" I ask, my voice laced with a tremor I can't quite control. Because for me, the answer is a resounding yes.

He meets my gaze, a flicker of something unreadable crossing his face before a reassuring grin settles in. "Of course I want to get married," he says, his tone firm. "I wouldn't have proposed if I didn't want to." He reaches out, gently tucking a stray strand of hair behind my ear, his touch sending a familiar warmth through me.

"Good," I manage a smile, the tension easing a fraction.

A mischievous glint enters Travis's eyes. "I have an idea," he announces. "Pick a number between one and twelve."