Chapter 14

-Lauren's POV-

I am staying with Burnie at my old house with Gus Matt and Joel in my old room when I used to live here with them and before my parents passed. They didn't change it. It is still pink with my white furniture. I was putting my stuff back when I heard someone knock on the door.

"Come in." I said.

"Hey Lauren how doing?" Burnie said.

"I'm alright. I'm worried. Also I have been thinking a lot about mom and dad. I wonder what they think of that we have be come... So you think they are looking upon us? Do you think they are proud of who we are?" 

"I don't know. They would also support us in anything we do." 

"But this? We are leaders of a gang, that's going to be facing off in another gang in two days. I don't feel like they would support this."

"They might, you never know. Hey, I got the wedding invitation to Neil's wedding the other day, I'm going to tell them we are going to be there. Its not for another month, but we can go to New York earlier than that so we can hang out with the family. I think Mom and Dad will be proud of that." 

"Yeah, alright. I think that is a good idea."

"Alright get some sleep." 

"Alright, oh Burnie, tomorrow after I am done at the cafe, Matt Bragg you know my boyfriend is taking me out to lunch, so i won't be in the base until late afternoon."

"Alright."

-The next day-

At the cafe, its a busy day. Hasn't been like this in a while. Good thing that every Rooster in down stairs... I should tell someone to go get Barbra and Arryn. They can help us out. 

"Emma, go call Arryn and Barbra to help us out." I said. She knew they are down stairs, we were down there before we opened. 

"Alright." Emma said then went to the back to 'call' them.

Soon she came up stairs and a few minutes later Arryn and Barbra came up. They extra hands definitely helped out. Everything is going faster and easier. The customers are happy that they are getting what they ordered quickly.  

Everything was going fine until Ryan walks in. He hasn't been here in a while. Ussally the girls and I bring the coffee when we go to see them. It is weird that he is here today. Time to act like I am happy to see him. 

"Morning James." I said with a fake smile and 'happily' "Would you like your usually?"

Ryan looked confused for a moment. Before realizing that we are at the cafe were I am known as Emily. "Morning Emily. Yes please." He said then handed me exact change. 

"We are doing things a little differently today, you can pick up your order over there, by Clare." 

"Alright. Thank you." He didn't sound every happy. Oh well. 

-Clare's POV-

Lauren just finished putting in Ryan's order and explaining how things are working today. Meg handed me his order, its the usual. The guys don't like to change things up apparently. 

"Hey James." I said handing him order. "Just a far warning. After everything is over tomorrow, if you live, I'm so killing you, Ray and Gavin!" I said quieter so that the people around us can't hear.

"Your angry about nothing. It wasn't our faults things turned out like this!"

"We will talk about this later. I have a job to do..." 

Ryan walked away. He is so getting it later.

---

The girl ands I just arrived at The Fake AH Crew base. We only have an hour because according to Lauren, she told Burnie that Matt was taking her on a 'date' and that it should only be any hour. We are explaining the plan to the guys now. They seem to be understanding everything just fine. That's good, things should go according to plan than. 

After discussing everything, Lauren Geoff and Jack went into Geoff's office, Michael and Ryan went to work out, and Gavin and Ray are watching the store. Soon Lauren came back out and we left for the Rooster Base. It seems Lauren is more comfortable here then at the Fake AH Crew base. Meg, and Emma didn't care so much when they were with Ray and Gavin I  think. I don't care either way. I just hope we won't have to take sides after tomorrow because I know that will be hard.

-Lauren's POV-

Burnie and I are going to see our parents. We were at the base for several hours and I really want to see them before tomorrow so Burnie said he would come with me. 

"You alright Lauren? I know you are nervous but our parents would want the best for us, if they are seeing that this is what is best for they would be so proud no matter what." Burnie said.

"Is it the best though? Your job and the cafe might be what is best." I said.

"You want to break up the gang?" 

"Oh fuck no!"

Burnie laughed. "How did I get so lucky to have you as my sister?"

"I don't know." 

Burnie parked the car and we walked over to our parents grave. "You want to know something Burnie?"

"Sure." 

"Sometimes I go to call them, then I realize they won't be there. They always told me how proud they were of us. I want to hug them again. I want them to understand we are doing what we need to now. They have done so much and right now I feel like we are letting them down. I want to take the pain away they must be feeling that their kids fell into a life they probably didn't want us to have. Although it is all to late for that know it seems. I don't want them to think they made mistakes, they didn't. Sometimes I want them to yell us for all this so I can hear there voice again. I hope they aren't blaming themselves for what we are. I miss them, we didn't even get to say goodbye... If they could, do you think they would tell us we are wrong for choosing this path in life? Would they help us understand why this is wrong, why why they left us?... I hope they are watching us, I hope they are proud even with the bad choices we made."

"They will always be proud of us Lauren, we are their kids. Also, did you just reword that Christina Aguilera song?" Burnie said laughing. 

"Uhmmmm... maybe." I said laughing with them.

"They are definitely proud of you. Come on. Lets go home and prepare foe tomorrow." 

"Alright." 

Burnie and I went home and we played some video games with Joel, Matt H., and Gus. I then went up to my room to sleep. meed to be well rested for tomorrow. Tomorrow is going to be a great day. 

~Edited 8/21/2015~