Chapter 2

Lily walked into the lounge and quickly scanned her environment. She was smartly dresses in a grey fitted skirt suit, a high heel black pair of shoes, and transparent butterfly-framed eyeglasses.

She was slightly surprised to Mr. Zhan already seated, sipping a glass of wine and reading some papers.

"Not again," she sighed inaudibly. "I'm supposed to meet him up by 10:30 AM and this is just 10:00 AM and this is just 10:00 Am," she quickly looked at her gold wristwatch.

"I was so certain that I'II be here on time and ahead of him, today," she frowned.

She walked up to where he was seated and greeted him politely.

Zhan casually responded do her greeting and gestured towards a seat opposite. "I trust everything is running smoothly at the office.

"Yes, Sir," she replied and took her seat.

She verbally gave a rundown of some of the activities that had taken place earlier that morning.

"Can I have the documents?" Zhan interrupted her.

:Certainly Sir," she replied and handed over the folder she was holding to Zhan.

"Schedule a meeting for 9:00 AM with the board of directors, and prepare the agenda as directed" Zhan instructed as he went through the documents.

Haoxuan entered the lounge and walked up to where Zhan and Lily were seated, discussing.

"Hey charmer," he smiled and extended his hands towards Zhan for their unique handshake.

"Hello, Haoxuan," Zhan smirked and shook his hands, "so nice of you to join us."

"Good morning, Mr. Haoxuan," Lily blushed slightly as she greeted him.

"Beautiful morning Lily," Haoxuan responded with a knowing smile as he sensed the uneasiness in lily's voice. "You look dashing as ever, he said and took a seat beside Zhan.

"Thank you, Sir," she smiled, a little bit tense due to her crush on Haoxuan.

"Oh God, please help me control my emotions," she prayed from within. "I can't afford to appear unfocused in the presence of my boss. Otherwise. I'II be doomed.

"Lily, reschedule full all my appointments for today," Zhan instructed her

"Okay Sir," she nodded in response, relieved that her boss was already concluding his meeting with her.

Alright then, thank you, Lily."

"You're welcome, Sir," she smiled politely.

"Have a nice day, Sir," she stood up and left the premises.

"So who has caught your attention this time, someone, I know?" Haoxuan spoke up, as he took a sip of the glass of wine that had been served.

Haoxuan had been a loyal childhood friend of Zhan. Though from an affluent family, his bond with Zhan was considered stronger than a blood relationship. Sometimes, he was mistaken for a Xiao. He was always by Zhan's side whether good, bad, or ugly.

Zhan smiled mischievously, "You know me." He appeared to be lost in thought for a brief moment. "This one is different Haoxuan, I need you to do me a favor. Find out all you can about her. Who he is, where he works, who his friends are, everything. I want to know everything about his. And most especially, he was distraught about something. Find out the reason behind it."