Chapter 15

The following morning, yibo came to the dining room for breakfast, only to discover that Zhan had already gone out very early.

When yibo entered the dining room, Paul approached his with a note for Zhan.

"Good morning Mr. Wang," Paul smiled politely. "Mr. Zhan left this for you," he handed a sealed note to yibo.

Yibo greeted and thanked Paul; who responded with a smile and walked away. He had his breakfast quietly and returned to his room.

Inside his room, he opened up the note and went through it.

Zhan had informed his that they would be going to the countryside of Carlpole later in the afternoon, to see his parents. Zhan also stated that he had a lead on the threat letter sent to his which he would be working on.

Yibo smiled and put away the note. He was about to call song ji yang when he got a call from his mom.

For some reason, his stomach churned and his heart let his out a sigh. "I hope Yifei hasn't said anything to mom," he mused before talking the call.

"Hello, son."

"Hi mom, how are you?" yibo breathed in deeply on hearing his mother's voice.

yibo couldn't remember the last time his mom caller her. That was a name meant for Yefie.

After he broke up with Lu han and took on his fashion dream, his mom would always address his by his first name whenever they spoke.

When his dad died, yibo distanced himself from his hometown and this put a strain on his relationship with his mom.

The only time he remembered his mom using such pet names on his was after he had gotten a job in F&K fashion home and his mom had wanted his to come home. His mom had pleaded for his to come and partake in a remembrance ceremony held in honor of his father.

So from the mom's cool and sweet voice, yibo knew she wanted something from his as usual.

"I am fine dear, how about you, and how is your work?"

"Huh...I'm fine and work is also going on well," yibo muttered.

Now, he was certain that something was up. This was the first time his mom had ever acknowledged his work and it felt too good to be true.

"Mom, is something wrong?  Is there something you want from me? Just say it," yibo couldn't hold back his curiosity and irritation. "You can drop your act now. You don't need to pretend to like my job, because I know you detest it."

"Come on bobo, must something go wrong for me to know about the well-being of my son," his mom paused for a while then continued.

"Moreover, people do change. I have made peace with what you've chosen to become. I can tell you are doing great at it, so I have given you my blessing."

Yibo smelled something fishy but decided not to interrupt his mother. He allowed his to continue with his speech while reading the meaning of every word he said.

"Don't try to push me away again. I have thought hard and I'm trying my best to rebuild our weak relationship. I know I have done and said things in the past that may have hurt you and I am sorry. I have lost your father and I don't intend to lose you too. You and your sister are the only families I have left in this world. I miss you, my dear."

Yibo felt emotions for a while as tears rolled down his cheeks. He indeed missed home and his mom. But since his mom never supported his choice of career., he relied mostly on Yefei's love and support.