Chapter 7

Zhan's eyes narrowed and his forehead furrowed. He sat up on his couch and thought briefly about what Hao Xuan has just notified him. He could make some calls and the issues will be handled swiftly. But he didn't feel like intruding in yibo's affairs at his place of work. Especially, after the company denied his the promotion yibo deserved. He was a talented designer that companies and brands should be fighting over. If he had his way, Zhan would persuade Yibo to work for his company with a mind-blowing offer.

Nevertheless, he wasn't just going to sit down and watch this amazingly beautiful lady, whom he now come to cherish being mistreated once more. H would deal ruthlessly with anyone who tried to make yibo piqued again, irrespective of whoever the person was.

Zhan had subconsciously developed a strong desire to please. His enchanting eyes, his pink luscious lips, his calm and relaxing tone, not to mention yibo sense of humor, all gave yibo an aura of a love goddess.

Back in the bar, Zhan had been tempted to kiss yibo while he speaking. When yibo started choking on his drink, and he got the rare opportunity to stroke his back, Zhan wished he could freeze the moment and savor every pleasure he derived from just touching yibo. He had never felt anything like this with any woman and man. This was beyond lust, he had though to himself. There and then, Zhan decided he will make this yibo, his, at whatever cost.

Initially, Zhan had planned on calling yibo the next day, if he didn't call him. But with the situation at hand, he decided to place a call across to yibo, under the pretense of finding out how the remaing of yibo day went. Based on his reply, Zhan would decide on his next line of action.

Zhan picked up his phone and dialed the number Dylan had forwarded to him.

Yibo sat on his favorite couch, eating hot soup and watching the Haze Design Award and Competition review. Yibo was so excited at seeing the CEO of Xiao fashion company, receiving the award for the overall best design. He was looking so charming as he spoke about the mission and vision of the company.

For a split second, yibo allowed his mind to wander. Yibo forgot about day's issues and was thrilled that such a personality sat beside his not long ago. Who would have though that the same person speaking on the television with all degrees of seriousness could be so soft-spoken toward his.

Yibo tthough about how close he sat beside him, and touched his phone rang, snapping his out of her thoughts. Yibo dropped the plate of soup and picked up the screen was unknown. It wasn't registered in his contacts. He thought about Li Xian trying to call his with an undisclosed number. So, he decided not to pick up the calll.

Yibo was about to continue eating when the phone beeped. Yibo checked the message and it simply read;

( It's Zhan. We met today at the bar. Please pick up your call. )

Yibo read the message repeatedly. He was astonished that Zhan was calling his. How did he get my number? yibo thought. Many questions collided in his head. Yibo didn't remember giving him his number. Why was he calling?

Yibo almost dropped the phone out of shock when it rang again. It was the same nnumber. Yibo took in a deep breath and received the call.

"H...hello Mr. Zhan." yibo voice was polite but curious. "It's nice of you to call although I wasn't expecting it."

"Hi Yibo, just call me Zhan. No formality. I hope, I'm not intruding in any way?" Zhan listened intently for changes in yibo voice. Zhan whished they together, so he could discern all his facial expressions.

"No! Not at all. I'm just having dinner and watching a program. By the way, a big congratulation on winning the Haze Award." Yibo smiled amidst a slightly thumping heart.