Chapter 10

Yibo inhaled and exhaled as he could feel his heart thumping out lout at Zhan's proposal. 

Yibo wondered that the conditions of the marriage contract would be. He wished song ji yang around was around to give us a clue on what to say. Although, he knew song ji yang wouls accept this kind of proposal. Who wouldn't ? A chance to make all your dreams come to reality in six months. This was a jackpot offer.

As his curiosity got the better part of his, yibo asked, "Let's say if I were to agree, what happens at the end of the contract?"

Zhan smiled at  yibos questions. It was obvious yibo was considering it. "We will go our separate ways, and live happily ever after. But, we'II still remain friends."

Yibo tried to avoid his gazze as he said, "let me think about it."

Zhan smiled at yibo response. He also marveled, as most girls and boys wouldn't think twice before accepting such a lucrative deal and the chance to be with him for that long.

"I would also like you and song ji yang to be my guest at the Cherry Gala tomorrow."

"Seriously!" yibo's eyes sparkled with real excitement.

"Yes! Seriously! Nothing would make me happier," Zhan smiled. "Also, I have instructed John to take you and song ji yang out shopping at some selected  clothes  for tomorrow's event. I want the both of you to look elegant."

Yibo's face contoured slightly. he perceives a trap. "But I haven't said yes. Why would you want to spend on us?" Yibo raised a brow like a police detective listening to a falsified testimony of a criminal.

Zhan laughed hard at this. yibo would make a great cartoon character, Zhan thought. His amazing sense of humor was ribs cracking.

"Because you are already my friend and I always take care of my friends." Zhan humored yibo with a funny face causing his to chuckle.

"Also, i intend to flaunt you before your old bosses. I want them to feel jealous. They would regret ever letting go of you. Especially when they letting go of you. Especially when they see you sitting beside me and hanging around dignitaries they would never dare interact with. It going to be your first punch on their horrible faces. Wouldn't you like that?" he quizzed with an evil grin.

"I would love that!" Yibo's face glimmered with excitement. yibo couldn't hide his enthusiasm for throwing the first punch at Yuan and Liang's faces. It's going to be a show to remember.

"Mr. Zhan," yibo smiled bewitchingly. 

"Thanks for inviting song ji yang and me. We are most grateful.

"It's my pleasure." Zhan returned the same captivating smile.

Zhan knew yang mi would be attending the event. Hence, he planned on flaunting yibo to taunt her.

A few minutes later, Zhan left yibo to work on some projects after giving instructions to John to take yibo and his friend shopping.

He was tapping away on his laptop when he got a call from his mother.

"Hi mom, sorry I forget to call," his forehead furrowed as he recollected her reason for calling.

"Has it gotten to the point where you are now too busy for your mother?' Her voice was soft but firm.

"You know I can't be too busy for my number one sweetheart?" A smile tugged at the corner of his lips. Zhan knew the right words to say make his mother smile.