Chapter 18

Yanli was overjoyed to finally talk to Yibo alone. She didn't hold back any information about yang mi. She even went as far as showing yibo yang mi's picture.

"That is Yang mi?"!" Yibo asked in an alarmed tone.

"Yes!" Yanli smiled satisfactorily like she had won a lottery. "This is Yang mi. I took this picture the day mom invited her over for dinner, and a chance to introduce her to Zhan.

"Why? Do you know her in person?" yanli raised an eyebrow due to yibo's expression.

"yes, I know her a little. We had bitter encounters," yibo's forehead creased.

"do tell, Please.

Yibo told yanli about his first encounter with yang mi in and how yang mi had insulted and looked down on his. He spoke about the second encounter at the fashion show and summarise how it his, his job.

Yanli stared on in bewilderment. She felt very sorry for Yibo and all had passed through because of Yang mi.

Yanli had felt suspicious about yang mi behavior the first time they met. For some reasons unknown, she didn't warm up to yang mi. She suspected that there was a dark side to this pretty girl. When Zhan; who was always sweet to pretty lasies, showed no interest in yang mi, yanli's suspicion doubled.

Currently, all yanli felt for yang mi was disgust. especially after yang mi's mom spoke to her mother accusing yibo of being sl8t. It was obvious, that they had other hidden agendas.

Yanli requested yibo's mobile phone and inputted her number on it. She dialed and saved yibo's number on her phone.

"Yibo," yanli held unto Yibo's two hands." Don't you worry yourself, I've got your back. You have my unconditional love and support. I will always defend your Interest in this family for as long as you remain my brother's wife. Just promise me that you would never leave him." Yanli's eyes shone with care and determined.

Yibo hald smiled in response. He couldn't make any promises when he knew the marriage was only for six months.

"Also, don't worry about my mom and sister. With time, they will get to know you and love you just the way i do," Yanli hugged yibo.

Yibo smiled and said thank you so much, yanli," yibo whispered in a sweet and soft voice. "I am so lucky to have you as a sister-in-law."

Back in the garden.

Mrs. Xiao broke down in tears while Cheng Xiao comforted her.

"Zhan," Mrs. Xiao said in between sobs. "Not only did you brig a stranger into my garden, but you also stood and watched your younger sister insult me. have I become a joke to you? What about all those promises you made to me years ago? You promised you would never allow anything or anyone upset me," Mrs. Xiao looked into her son's dark and terrifying eyes.

"Zhan, I know I can be pushy sometimes," cheng Xiao tried to sound clam and friendly. "Your own business," Zhan shot back at Cheng.

"Don't you have a husband and a child to take care of?" Zhan took a step closer scowling definitely at his sister. What are you doing in this house talking to me in that manner."

Cheng Xiao was so terrified that she froze and said nothing. She had once witnessed Zhan's temper outburst and it had left in indelible scar in her memory.

Once, when they were teenagers,, Cheng Xiao first boyfriend had her and left her for another girl. She remembered crying home and informing her younger brother Zhan flared up. After chastising her, he went out that very moment.