Chapter 14

YELLOW, This is the color that put a warm smile on your heart.

The golden yellow sun, shone brightly from above the enchanting blue sky, casting glitter of sparking lights that reflected on the waves of the sea.

The hoping, chirping, fluttering of wings, and sweet melody of the beautiful birds nesting in the distant olive trees harmonized with the whistling of its branches and leaves.

By the cliffside, on the sunbathing platform,

Yibo seemed oblivious of his surrounding as he lay face-up looking towards the sky, daydreaming.

He marveled in awe of the whimsical puffy white clouds and imagined himself riding on them as they took different forms. He admired the colorful birds flapping and rambling up in the beautiful sky, flying straight or something in a curvy line.

The gentle sea breeze with a misty smell brought happy memories of his days back in Spring chad with his dad.

Once every three months, when they were just little girl and boy between the ages of six and eight, his dad would take Yifei and her on a fish hunting adventure on some of the known streams and bay in Springchad.

For every trip, the six lessons he taught them were always the same; patience and perseverance, loss, problem-solving, friendly competition, awareness of surroundings, and being present in the moment. This lesson had being yibo's guide all through his life.

He also taught them all the nitty-gritty involved in fishing using the hook and line. Whenever they caught a fish, he would celebrate either of them like they had won a presidential award.

Zhan stood from a vantage position admiring his beautiful wife-to-be. He watched as the fading sun glistened on his skin. Zhan drank in yibo seductive and alluring body. He marveled at his beauty and calmness.

Earlier, when he arrived from his trip, he inquired from Paul about yibo's whereabouts. After a satisfactory answer, he went down to his bedroom and took a light shower. Then he returned to his terrace and watched yibo sunbathing from a distance.

Zhan went into his home office and did some digging about the mysterious letter. Then he called in the services of some private detectives that worked for him, to dig up the mysteries behind the letter. He instructed them to bait whoever delivered the letter and bring the person to him for questioning.

After that, he returned to the terrace and watched yibo for a while before deciding to go join his.

He cautiously approached yibo and noticed that he was still calm and didn't move. He thought for a minute if yibo was asleep and imagined planting a kiss on his lips to awaken his.

When Zhan got closer, yibo; whose sense were very alert, perceived his wood and minty cologne. yibo sat up, quickly took the robe beside his, and put them on.

"Hello Pretty," Zhan smiled as he walked over to yibo and planted a kiss on his forehead.

"I hope you're having a great time. Have you had anything for lunch?" Zhan said gazing into his eyes before taking a seat beside his.

"I'm doing great, thanks to you. Hmm... I'm not hungry yet," yibo blushed slightly because of the kiss. "Maybe we can eat something later."

"A couple of minutes, maybe an hour or two," Zhan smirked. "But that doesn't matter, I am just happy that you're safe. You know, I missed those pretty smiles of yours."

"Thanks for the compliment and every other thing." Yibo grinned and returned his gaze to the sea. "It's so peaceful and beautiful out here.

"Sure it is. So... didn't you miss me?"