CHAPTER TWO; HOME AND JUNGLE

SHAME, they say is heavier than load; you can put down your load when you're tired...but, where do you put your shame when you are exhausted? Do you just ignore it's presence? Or do you cast it's weight on the shoulders of someone else- you know, Until you're ready to get back on your feet?

Maybe I wasn't strong enough to do any, maybe I wasn't built to withstand torture...so, I gave up!

The truth is, there's no clothe large enough to cover the embarrassment that is felt by someone who is heavily synced to shame.
The weakness that came with this shame had me locked up in my shell, shutting every door...just to be left alone.

The people of the world referred to me differently, some called me scared, sad, ignorant of Joy while others felt I was allergic to good things.

People might say;
"Suicide is never an option,
She's a weakling for attempting to take her life,
Her sins were bound to catch up with her."

"Weak?" Scoffs
You can call me names; judge me like my God, criticize me and tag me unworthy of life...but, hear me first!- I'd like to know how quick you'll be to judge me if you were in my shoes.

A JOURNEY THROUGH MY PAST YEARS.

Bakriko - I heard is a rowdy place, mostly identified as the "Jungle of the country"... I know! But indigenes of Obi Omimi like myself would gladly and boldly debate its superiority in terms of ruggedness and it's raw representation of reality. Obi Omimi transmitted the kind of virus most parents protected their kids from at all cost.

          Umueze clan in Obi Omimi state is where I was born and brought up, a clan where every step left a footprint; no matter how small, a place where people did the wrong things for the right reasons.
All of my memories were made there- my parents lived, died and got buried there too. Umueze had the toxic kind of soil I had always aspired to leave once I turned eighteen; I aspired that...at least when my parents were still alive. God rest their souls.

The competition in the city of Obi Omimi was quite overwhelming, from the fake wristwatches to the fake fashion bags, fake identities, fake university results and fake people from the internet who made their lives look perfect even though they were so unhinged and unbuckled; with a million scars they tried to hide with make up and terrible depthless lies that were most certainly- bound to uncover once their minds become too weak to neglect the disrupted atmosphere surrounding them.

The city was groomed with fake living and a lot of fake people who enjoyed living in it- and there was no way I could purge myself off any of these; so, I became an easy mark.

Umueze clan at some point didn't seem like a territory reinforced with moral rules; here,
-children gave birth to children for their fellow children,
-The walls of every youth was painted with the need for public acceptance, and even though they wished to be better people- their inconsistency in the plans for future growth made the tiniest speck of dust look larger than their dreams.
-children with half the IQ of an adult made 10x more income because they weren't smart enough to doubt themselves and their abilities.

In Umueze, I learnt;

"Patience" has Its rules,
"Trust" has its terms,
"Love" has its hate,
"Time" has no time,
"Reality" will always shock you and;
Sad birds flew because they had faith that their sorrow wouldn't last till eternity.

The existence of a street child was based on outrageous propaganda, they roamed the streets without caution which led to the birth of most of their kidnappings and trafficking. Child trafficking became rampant and extraordinarily common that it stopped making the news.

Breathing hearts without lives is what most of the kids were reduced to,
Only those who saw the light- lived in it.

Most of the street kids weren't alright...
I... wasn't alright!

CHAPTER END
NOTE; every place mentioned is fictional and has no relationship or compared trait with any of these places that might truly exist.

For real though, it was really stressful getting native names to compliment this context. I hope y'all like it.
Please read, vote, follow me and comment on the chapters please. Thanks