CHAPTER FIVE: WHO I AM!

To describe myself would be to write about a tsunami in its majestic destruction; my only aid to minimum comfort and light is that God doesn't look over for awards and degree certificates but for the broken hearts that tried to mend- he looks over for scars that tried to fade.

Turning my scars and traumas into stars and trophies isn't really as A B C as it's said; in all of my obanje (demonic) traits everyone noticed except me, I still believe I am human- and just like everyone else, sometimes my emotions tend to overcrowd my perspective.

Like I've always told my friends, "I never got to be a child, I've been an adult since birth because of the numerous things I've had to face."
That was 100% true, I never had the time to play under the rain, make mud houses with my legs or make the smallest wrong decisions without being judged like an adult. I've spent my entire life hustling from pillar to post... it's a shame I still haven't made a fortune.

From a young age;
I sensed the anger of the audience from the way they looked at me,
I heard the disapproval of the world and felt the hate from the society. I was a curse!

There are about a cabilion trillion people in the world, yet it seemed like the dark clouds settled directly above my head...pouring down on me a zillion drops of acid rain, the kind that didn't seem to stop until it washed off my rainbow.

All I was trying to do was survive and make good out of the dirty, nasty and unbelievable lifestyle I found myself living in...but no! The clouds in my horizon wouldn't let me.

To live they say is to suffer and find some meaning in the suffering- but hear me, this suffering was different and I doubt there was ever a light at the end of this tunnel.

The story of who I am isn't a tale I ought to narrate in the comfort of soft pillows and cool music sipping from a plastic cup of iced Chivita- No! In fact, I ought to sit on a partially broken plastic chair, chewing on dried bitter kola as I narrate to the kids sitting- cross legged before me; THE UNREAL TALE OF ESOMCHI DAVIS.

No-one ever told me that living felt so much like fear; the fear of living without being fulfilled at the end brought about the encroachment of pain and grief for a future that is most likely uncertain. The thought of either myself or dreams dying before I get to live up to it felt more painful than an amputation.

I've heard people say death is their greatest loss in life... for me, my greatest loss in life would be dying useless after being born useless.

Whenever I look in the mirror, I see a lot of scars- but I like myself anyway, because I know my scars built me!
And like they say; "scars are the price you pay for success."

My only fault in life is trying to catch more flies with honey than I could with vinegar. I was a pathetic girl who let all of her dreams off the hook just to survive,
The Esomchi who dreamt of becoming the world's youngest pilot, doctor and engineer all at once was now a prostitute... a dirty-dirty hooker.

One thing I hate more than a liar is a liar who thinks their object is stupid- I lied to myself with my dreams and so I hated myself even more for aiming so high and pretending like I couldn't feel myself falling.

"Shame on you Esomchi" in my daddy's voice!

CHAPTER END
"Shame on you Esomchi"
Wow! Most people come from backgrounds like this, the fact that she's able to belittle herself in her father's tune even after his death is more scary than it is psychopath.

And for those who relate to my book in one way or the other, I hope you find the light in any form of darkness you're in. Old or young... no one deserves to feel or experience such as this story, I know the world doesn't give us all the peace that belongs to us... I know most times, we're not treated as kind as we treat others; mehn, am just gonna tell you- live through it, live through it all!

How was this chapter? Less? Too much?? Let me know in your comments section and also, don't forget to follow me, vote and read my book. Thanks. Love ya ❤️