CHAPTER FOURTEEN; END OF A BEGINNING

I was highly traumatized; and all of these events lived within me.
They're stuck somewhere; behind my mind,
A lot of shadows that seemed to replace my identity.
Most times, I think am feeling okay- like I can cover up my pain and ignore the shame; but other days, the shadows of my past look me straight in the eyes; the loud noise from my historical creeps overwhelm my existence.
Continuously echoing fear- making it hard to shake it off.

Some days, my fears come out solid; more like an invisible figure, triggered by places, sound and maybe even colors.
My state of mind is something I barely talk about or even cry about in public.
Since it's from the past; most people think I should be over it by now- or rather, learn to live with it.
But instead, it stays with and within me, quiet- with a lot of weight. An evident pain only I can see.

"I know the right thing to do, I know the only thing to do. I needed to end it all and quickly."

I walked into the main streets of Obi- Omimi, and stood by the road side.

"The lightning thundered"
The rain fell heavily, it seemed like heavens reservoir got broken.

Just as I sited a vehicle coming in briskly... I jumped right in front of it, with no regrets- I was doing the world a favor by leaving.

PRESENT DAY.

Waking up in this hospital doesn't bring me joy, and now... being interrogated by the police? call me ungrateful- but I'd have preferred being left to die.

"Who brought me here? And why?" I yelled
"Couldn't you have ridden your vehicle over me?
I had the chance to die...and you took it away.
Did you save me so Ekene's boys can eliminate me themselves?
Or has my boss's family sued me already?

Do you want to arrest me " I said, picking the surgical blade next to me in an attempt to slit my wrist.

"No no" the woman sitting next to me cried out snatching the blade from me.

"Ekene's boys are behind bars, we're here with an NGO- they're willing to help you... and the police are just here for your statements my dear.

Also, no! I couldn't have ridden my vehicle over you, I have a daughter; just like you. I am sorry for all you had to go through." She further said, seemed like I had jumped in front of her vehicle.

"I am a broken glass Ma'am, if you pour your good wine in me- I might just let it waste. Did you not hear a thing from the story i narrated though? You're sitting next to a murder, a prostitute and a drug dealer. I am not worth the saving, I am not worth a second chance to life- who knows, I might just get this one wrong too." I said

"Who knows, you might just get this one right!
There's always a new beginning" said the woman in a soft tune as she tapped my head lightly- just like a mother would.

CHAPTER END

...and like I'll always say; suicide is and has never been a problem solving solution. Suicide is death, death is an end and an end is still not freedom since you don't get to be free in a casket. I am not in Esomchi's shoes, of course I don't know how tight it is... but just like Nathalie said "if God brings you to it, he'll take you through it"

Just like the woman who ran Esomchi over, we still need more good people. These days, drivers run people over and abandon them to die in fear of taking responsibility or even being penalized... for those who drink and drive. Here, the woman wasn't just "the woman" who ran Esomchi over, she was God sent, she brought hope into the Dark cave Esomchi lived as a life... a life she preferred to call a "drought".

It's over guyssss,
The entire book is over.

Worldwide there is an estimation of 40-42 million prostitutes. 80 percent of the world population of prostitutes are female and range in age between 13-25. In the 80% of prostitutes, if 70% had the choice to a better life... believe me- they'd go for it!
Let's help and not stigmatize them. Does anyone truly know tomorrow? It could be anyone in their shoes, and I hope no one feels they're better off? You only don't act in certain ways because you've not been placed in certain positions.
Thanks for reading, voting, following and commenting on my story.

A new book is on its way!