CHAPTER TWELVE; ESCAPE

"Stop" it was Ekene and he was alone.
"Follow me now and stand a chance to be forgiven." He further said.

"You speak like being forgiven by you is a grand lottery to be won" I said
"I want out,
Let me go Ekene, please" I said taking slow steps backwards.

"Don't move another inch Esomchi" Ekene said pointing a gun at me- more annoyed than I have ever seen him.

"I won't repeat myself" he further said.

*Gunshots*

I became terrified and dropped the gun in horror.

I killed Ekene.
It was either him or me... right?

I ran to the roadside crying- so scared that even though I had killed Ekene I still wasn't free, after all... his boys might catch up with me in know time.

Oh Jesus Jesus, thank You. Finally, a taxi stopped before me. I hadn't entered the vehicle fully before asking him to drive off.

"No vex sir, abeg... I fit use your phone call someone? I just escape abeg; dem kidnap me" I said to the taxi man who looked like he was above sixty.

"Eyaah, sorry oh... thank God say you come out alive ooh; this place na bad place. In fact, na cult people own here" the old man said as he handed his phone to me.

"Hello sir, it's me. It's Esomchi Davis sir" I said to my boss whose number had just gone through. Memorizing his number wasn't a bad idea after all.

"Thank God, I called you severally but your phone wasn't connecting. Why? What went wrong?" Asked my boss.

" I got kidnapped, but I escaped... please sir, come pick me up at the city's outskirt, I can't appear at work looking the way I am.

"Okay okay, am on my way; am not too far away" my boss said before hanging up.

In less than an hour, I had arrived and my boss was already there... waiting. He had a good heart.

I got into the car, I asked to be taken to my house but my boss insisted it wasn't safe over there- he was right. He got me food and new clothes to change into before he drove us to his house.

I narrated how the whole incident played out to him, he seemed to have understood.

CHAPTER END
Such guts did Esomchi have😂😂💔
She killed people like she was killing fowls... but otherwise, what would you really have her do in that situation? What would you have done if you were in her shoes?.

Please vote, follow, read and comment on my book. This is a great piece, I assure you❤️🤭