"Yearning Hearts"

The following day, Vaidehi embarked on a mission to distribute the wedding invitations to their relatives and acquaintances. As she made her rounds, the final destination on her list was the head office of Oberoi Constructions, where she needed to meet Harshvardhan.  Vaidehi had thoughtfully planned her visit in advance. She had informed her grandfather about her intention to avoid visiting the Oberoi Mansion, preferring to meet Harshvardhan at his workplace instead. Understanding her preference and due to his busy schedule, Harshvardhan had suggested they meet at his office. Upon arriving at the imposing Oberoi Constructions headquarters, Vaidehi took a moment to compose herself before entering the bustling office building. She walked confidently through the sleek lobby and approached the receptionist's desk, to proceed with her task.

Vaidehi: "Excuse me."

Receptionist: "Yes ma'am."

Vaidehi: "I want to meet the president, Mr. Harshvardhan Oberoi."

Receptionist: "Sure ma'am. Your name?"

Vaidehi: "Vaidehi."

Receptionist: "Full name, ma'am."

Vaidehi: "Oh, yeah, I'm so sorry. I am Mrs. Vaidehi Viyansh Singhania."

Vaidehi replied with a warm smile as the receptionist entered her name into the visitors' list. While waiting, she took the opportunity to observe the office interiors. Though she had visited Oberoi Constructions once or twice as a child, the grandeur and modern design of the place now struck her anew. The sleek, contemporary decor, combined with the hustle and bustle of the employees, made the atmosphere vibrant and dynamic, a stark contrast to her vague childhood memories.

Receptionist: "Ma'am, your appointment letter?"

Vaidehi: "I don't have any appointment letter."

Receptionist: "Sorry ma'am, then we can't let you meet the president."

Vaidehi: "But I'm here because Dadu asked."

"And who are you to deny my daughter a meeting with her grandfather?"

A familiar voice came from behind, prompting both the receptionist and Vaidehi to turn around. They saw Abhinav standing there, his presence immediately drawing the attention of several passing employees. Abhinav walked over and gently placed a protective hand on Vaidehi's shoulder. The warmth of his fatherly touch, felt after so many years, brought an overwhelming sense of comfort to her. She closed her eyes, savoring the moment and the reassuring embrace of her father.

Receptionist: "Sir, actually ma'am..."

Abhinav: "Vaidehi Abhinav Oberoi is her name. The sole heir, actually the owner of this company."

The receptionist's eyes widened with realization.

Receptionist: "Sorry, Sir. Sorry, ma'am."

Vaidehi simply nodded in response. As they stood there, Sangeeta happened to be passing by. Abhinav called out to her, and she turned to see Vaidehi. A broad smile spread across Sangeeta's face as she hurried over, her happiness evident. She enveloped Vaidehi in a warm, affectionate hug.

Sangeeta: "Beta aaj aap yaha??"
(Child, you're here today??)

Abhinav: "Just a minute, Sangeeta."

Abhinav gently guided Vaidehi towards the bustling center of the office, with Sangeeta walking alongside them. They moved through the busy workspace, Abhinav occasionally exchanging friendly nods and greetings with familiar faces along the way.

Abhinav: "Attention, everyone."

As they approached the center of the office, a gathering of employees noticed Abhinav, Vaidehi, and Sangeeta. Curiosity and recognition spread among them, prompting more to join and form a small crowd around the trio. Vaidehi, already feeling a bit nervous, found herself suddenly surrounded by so many unfamiliar faces, which only heightened her unease. She glanced around, her nerves palpable, unsure of how to navigate this unexpected attention.