Life Log #20 (no font)

Day 95:

Well, I woke up, and I'm still exhausted. Nothing much happened yesterday. I guess the boss wanted a rest day. Odessa and the rest of us cleaned up the cafeteria. The ones that were injured stayed in their rooms. Only Demeter had the invigorating vials. Last Tuesday's party was, chaotic. It caught up to me still. If I ever see one more brawl the next time I get invited to a party, I'm leaving.

I just hope Ryder was okay. She must've taken quite a punch. Lucena had everything on video and I didn't know about it until she told me after the party, whilst I was writing the previous log. Odessa told everyone to not let the women know about it, or else everyone gets isolated, in which everyone agreed on doing so. Having a high rank has its perks, I guess. You get respect, sure, but I don't like gaining it that way to be honest.

As much as I want to be on the leaderboard, I want to gain respect from others by befriending them. Right now, I'm still trying to befriend Ryder. It's nice that we were still on good terms.

Speaking of which, I have my usual appointment with Demeter (I can now talk to her when we're both free). I've got no Self-defense classes since Ryder was badly injured. Demeter emailed me just about 5 minutes ago. I'll be right back to write what happened at the session.

Also, my throat is getting better. I can now speak properly, but if you were with me, you'll hear a little rasp.

I'm back. God, I should replace these acrylic nails. They looked pretty sucky last night. I should have replaced them before Hallo-teen. Might I add, it was also kinda hard playing the ukulele with them. These things are also worn out after training with em for a while.

Anyway, let's just say, there's a lot of information I had to process. Let's start with the convo, shall we?

"Hey, Tay." She greeted me.

"Hey, Dem."

"Still trying to get used to that nickname."

"Sorry."

"Nah, it's okay. Anyway, we've got some good news, and some bad news."

"What's the bad news?"

"Bad news is, I have 3 vials of invigorating serum left, and I have to use 2 of them for Ryder's wounds and bruises if she wants to recover quick.."

"Dang."

"Leaderboard doesn't end until 2 weeks. November 15th."

"Welp. So much for trying to reach 20."

"That's where the good news come in. The thing is, that spar you had with Ryder last Monday, not only got you a truce with her, but also, somehow, got you up the leaderboard."

"Wait, what?"

"Yep. At number 19." She showed me the leaderboard screen.

"HOLY SHHHHhhhampoo and conditioner thatwastrulyunexpectedanddefinitelysomethingIshouldnotscreamandfreakoutabout." I spoke quickly.

Demeter laughed. "Great job, Tay."

"Wouldn't have done it without you, Dem."

"With good ranking, comes new schedules. Athena gave this to me to give it to you. Better start becoming a little more... reckless. You've done really well in some of the subjects, which is why we're replacing your schedule, with a new one. Only the top 50 gets to be in this schedule."

She handed this one to me: