25 | Talking a Big Game

SAMI'S POV

I move uncomfortably on the one person sofa, trying my utmost to suppress my growing boner, and I can't help but pass a glare at the boy that has his hand high up Beau's thigh.

We had just wrapped up the second instalment of the Home Alone movie, a classic Christmas movie. The intention was to continue along the Christmas spirit with more fun and joyous Christmas movies, not only because it's Christmas Eve, but mainly because I was trying to forget the promise I made earlier. But we couldn't ignore Felix's valiant pleas to watch what he called a 'gay Christmas romcom', which, might I add, had one Christmas scene: Red, White and Royal Blue.

This godforsaken movie has little to nothing to do with the playful innocence that is common in most Christmas films. Instead, the characters are anything but subtle with their intense sexual frustration, their undying desire to touch one another, hold one another, be with each other...in each other, and it does nothing in riding my mind of the promise I made to Jesse.

Honestly, I have no idea what came over me. And remembering Jesse's eyes, he clearly shared the sentiment. Now I catch him stealing glance after glance, staring hungrily at me, and for some reason I just want to come unglued and do my best at not just being 'all talk'.

But what will I do?

I mean, there are many words I could use to describe myself, but freaky isn't necessarily one of them. I haven't the first clue of what I need to do, but upon glancing around the cozy room, my eyes fall on someone who would. Felix. Even though I doubt I'd ever hear the end of it.

"Do we have marshmallows? For the s'mores that is?" I start. Felix and Beau share a quick look before the former shakes his head no. A small smile cracks on my face at the action, things could be falling in line. "Well, I think we should head to the mall, I doubt we even have the chocolate."

Jesse eyes me suspiciously, before sighing: "I guess I'm the designated driver."

"Yup" I say chirpily, getting off the sofa without a second thought and rushing to the bedroom for my puffer jacket. But as I trudge down the hallway, with colourful furry socks on, I couldn't help but say a silent prayer, hoping that Jesse's longer hoodie covered my boner well enough. I walk into the bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed and pull my boots on.

I also grab my phone and card, hopeful that my attempt at getting Felix alone would pay off. As much as I know I might never live down asking him about that, I know for certain it'd be far worse if I asked him in front of everyone. And without sparing the bedroom a second glance, I join the crew on their way out, Jesse once again eyeing me suspiciously, as if the more his gaze remained fixated on me, the more likely that he'd be able to decipher just what I was thinking. Unfortunately for him, I also have no idea.

*****

Well, according to the locals near the lodge, the closest mall is about an hour away, and judging from the fact that the sun is nearing the horizon with each and every passing minute, coupled with the frosty roads, it really wouldn't be all that safe to drive that long.

So we had to settle for a fleet of stores nearby, attached to the local gas station. At the very end lies a bottle store, an old man with worn out leather boots and overalls standing at the front, a less-than friendly expression dawning his face at seeing four teenage boys, probably too loud for his anyones good.

Next to that, a dry cleaners. Dead silent. From the sign on the side of the window, the shop clearly must be family owned as it reads that it's been closed for the festive season, and would open some time after the New Year, signed by The Wilkins.