12.

Taehyung POV

I snap my head in disbelief as I turn to face Jungkook in shock.  "What! No!" I yell.

My parents, their brows knitted in a web of confusion, turned their gaze toward Jungkook, who stood calmly in front of them. "What are you talking about, Jungkook?" my dad's voice broke through the charged silence, reflecting the bewilderment etched on their faces.

"I am going to marry Taehyung," Jungkook stated boldly, his voice unwavering. "Your unwavering kindness and respect have overwhelmed me, and I feel compelled to reciprocate in the most profound way possible."

A resolute "No," escaped my lips, the realization of Jungkook's actions hitting me like a sudden storm. Grasping the armrest of my chair for support, it dawned on me that Jungkook must have orchestrated Ha-yoon's disappearance.

My protest seemed to fall on deaf ears as my mom spoke up, her tone tinged with uncertainty. "Are you certain, Jungkook? We would never want to impose or pressure you into this. If there's any doubt, we can reconsider, find another solution, or even call off the wedding if needed."

"No need." Jungkook says. He walks over to my mom, grabbing her hand, reassuringly. "The world that we live in will make such horrid rumors if the wedding's cancelled. But if you don't trust me. . ."

"We do trust you, Jungkook," my dad interjected, his voice carrying a note of gratitude. "The accolades we've heard about you now ring true, and the compassion you've shown us proves that those praises were not unfounded. We are indebted to you, Jungkook."

"On this invitations!" I screech as I try to come up with an excuse. "It's says Ha-yoon's name there."

"We can simply say that it was a printing mistake." My dad answers.

"I refuse to marry him," I asserted with fierce determination. My mom shot me a disapproving look, but I met her gaze head-on. "If a wedding is what you seek, then it will be Jimin who I'll marry." Jimin, visibly taken aback, maintained a puzzled expression but remained silent.

"He is merely a friend to you, not a romantic interest," my dad pointed out.

"And I don't like him at all." I declared, shooting a stern gaze in Jungkook's direction. Jungkook clenched his fists, a flicker of irritation briefly crossing his face.

"Taehyung! Don't you dare talk like that. Jungkook is sacrificing himself to save our reputation and you're over here talking bad about him." My mom chided, sternly. "We are eternally grateful for your selflessness, and we are unsure how to adequately express our gratitude."

 "It is merely a small gesture, Mrs. Kim. I consider this act as my duty towards my newfound family." Jungkook says, a smug expression on his face. "May I talk to Taehyung for a moment. Alone."

"Yes, of course," my dad responds in a firm tone. "Talk some sense into him," he adds.

Jimin lets out a heavy sigh and begins to rise from his seat, but I swiftly grab hold of his sleeve, feeling a surge of panic and vulnerability wash over me. "D-don't leave me," I manage to stutter.

"Jimin! Come here, please." I hear my mom yell. Jimin gives me an apologetic look and leaves the room.

As Jungkook swiftly made his way over to the door, the sound of it closing resonated through the room. Whirling around with a self-assured smirk etched on his face, he stared at me.

"I will not marry you," I declared firmly, meeting Jungkook's advancing steps with unwavering resolve. "Not today, not tomorrow, not ever."

A chuckle escaped from Jungkook as he tilted his head, his voice laced with a hint of authority. "Yes, you will," he spoke, his words hanging heavy in the air. "You can either accept willingly or face the consequences. The choice is yours."