30.

Taehyung POV

2 months have passed.

2 long, agonizing months.

Each passing day felt like an eternity as I dedicated myself to being with Jungkook, finding solace in the one-sided conversations I held with his unmoving figure throughout the hours. My family is starting to get worried but I assured them that the only thing keeping me sane right now is talking to him. Cheon-Sa visits me often and we have gotten closer. It was on a particular day of her visit that she arrived bearing a simple yet profound gift – a blank notebook. Encouraging me to wholeheartedly express my emotions and thoughts within its pages, she offered me an outlet to unburden my heart and mind.

So, I decided to write letters to Jungkook.

Every single day.

Jungkook's men successfully captured Ha-yoon the day following my instructions. Upon apprehension, they confined him within the dimly-lit basement confines, where he has languished for a harrowing span of two months.  Every single day, he was tortured by the men while I waited here, anxiously waiting for my body to heal. I want to kill him when I start walking again.

Which is today.

It still hurts to walk on them but they're healing.

I gradually begin my journey towards Jungkook's room, expressing gratitude to the doctors before heading there. The act of walking on my legs once more feels unfamiliar and slightly uncomfortable, but with determination, I steadily progress towards his room. 

"Koo? Baby, look I can walk again," I say as I walk towards him. I take a seat on the chair and gently grab his hand. Just like my injuries, his were healing too.

But he still hasn't woken up.

I brush a lock of hair away from his eyes. "Your hairs is pretty long now, Kook. It makes you look so sexy."

"Koo, you know what's gonna happen today?" I ask. "I'm going to kill that fucker. Your guards will be retrieving me and will take me to our home. Ha-yoon's been locked up there for 2 months now. And the second I get home, I'm going to race down to the basement and kill that bastard so cruelly."

A knock on the door alerts me to the guards arrival and I grin. "Your men are here, Koo. Ah I can't wait." I get up and press my lips on his temple. "Wake up soon, Kookie boy."

I walk out into the hallway, Jungkook's guards trailing behind me.

I can't wait to end that motherfucker's sorry life.

"Ha-yoon?" I call out, a mocking tone in my voice. "Oh where are you my dear?"

With a sense of trepidation, I gently turn the doorknob, silently pushing open the door to the dimly lit room where he was being held captive. An electrifying surge of adrenaline courses through my veins as I catch sight of him. There he was, bound securely to the chair with ropes, a merciless gag muffling any cries for help. The deep red hue of blood starkly contrasted against his once immaculate skin, now marred by a myriad of cuts and bruises. His tattered clothes hung off his emaciated frame, barely clinging on by mere threads, a haunting reminder of the ordeal he had endured. The pained expression etched onto his face mirrored the anguish he had suffered, transforming him into a mere shadow of his former self.

I grin.

As I advanced towards Ha-yoon, his tired eyes revealed unsightly bruises beneath. Upon noticing my presence, his eyes widened in surprise. "Oh someone's surprised to see me." I rip the gag out of his mouth and he takes a sharp breath.