Ten years in the making

(A/N: This chapter will contain mentions and depictions of physical abuse, implied and explicit sexual abuse, and psychological abuse.)

================================================================================

Skoll raced down the streets of Lust, the sun was bright and he was on his way to the Hellgrove canine center, where his sister was sent to. This was it, today would be the last day of his search. By this time tomorrow he'd have his sister beside him again. He began thinking about what Hati would be like, when she was young, she was outgoing, hyper, and personable. Though she was only six, and now she'd be sixteen. The White and Red Hellhound wondered if his sister still loved the arts, everyday she'd ask to watch a musical or movie of some kind and try to sing along with the songs or act out the scenes. He thought about buying a few things in preparation, but he really wasn't sure what she'd like, so he bought two things. The first was a copy of Shrek which was her favourite movie; the second was her favourite musical Wicked. Skoll himself never liked musicals, and he'd always try to get out of watching them with his sister. He pulled up to the complex, which looked more like a jail than a care center and walked through the door. The Hellhound saw a male Hellhound resembling a dachshund at the front desk and made his way to him.

"Good morning." he greeted. "I'm looking for a girl."

"Oh, you're here to adopt? We have a lot of Hellhounds ready to go today if you're interested."

"I'm looking for a specific one. Brown and white fur, wolf features, kinda looks like me but with curly hair. Her name is Hati Sunchaser."

"Alright, let me check my records. May I ask why her, specifically?"

"She's my sister. Look, it's been a while since I've seen her, is she here?"

"Nope. Looks like she was adopted seven years ago. By the Horrigan family."

"Why is it always seven years ago?" he muttered under his breath. "Who are the Horrigan family?"

"A decently rich family of imps in the Wrath Ring. I'll get the address for you."

"How long have you worked here?"

"About a decade."

"What was Hati like when she was here?"

"I've seen a lot of hounds come through here, but I remember Hati. She was nice, but quiet and shy too. Always seem scared of other people, not surprising given where she came from. Hell of a singer though. Here's the address, I hope you find her."

Skoll took the piece of paper and nodded to the man. "Thanks."

With haste, the Hellhound drove off to the address the small worker gave him. He hoped that this family was treating his sister well, that she had a proper home like he did. Ramiel and Charlie were good parents to Skoll and he wanted his sister to know that feeling again. Though he wondered why a family from Wrath adopted a Hellhound from Lust, there were countless hounds in the canine services, so he wondered what was wrong with the other rings to justify the length. Skoll had seen the other adoption centers across the other rings, there were a myriad of different Hellhounds for any purpose, but he pushed those thoughts away. An hour later, he pulled up on a mansion surrounded by forestry and some armed guards. He idled on his bike in front of a steel gate as two guards walked up to him.

"What's your business?"

"Here to see the Horrigan family."

"You got an appointment?"

"I think a family member of mine is living here, just want to talk to them. Tell your boss that my name is Skoll Sunchaser, my sister is Hati Sunchaser."