53

ᴍᴀɴʜᴀᴛᴛᴀɴ, ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴏʀᴋ
𝙾𝚖𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Ariana smiled, walking around her room with her phone pressed to her ear. Kay had left in the morning and she was already missing him. After checking his location, she knew he had settled in Cali already. She was more than proud of him and would feel bad if he had stayed just for her.

"Hello?" His deep voice sounded on the line.

"Baby I miss you." Ariana eagerly said into the phone.

Kay deeply chuckled on the other line. "Ma I left like a few hours ago."

"I know but without you for three days is crazy. What am I going to do?"

"First of all where you at? What's all that sound in the background?" Kay said.

"My parents are here. My dad and Kimora helping set up the baby's bed. I'm about to go out." She spoke, looking into the mirror.

"Where and with who?"

"Giselle. I'm about to go meet with the wedding planner for the venue and stuff."

"You got my card?"

"I'm not buying nothing baby. Just looking."

"Just take it. I know you. You okay though? How's the baby?"

"We're good. You don't have to worry about me. What are you up to?" She smiled, rubbing her belly.

"About to go cop some bud. You know Cali got the best shit."

"Okay. I don't wanna hold you up for so long. Call me when you're back in the hotel, okay?"

"Chill, lemme talk to you for a few more minutes. What you got on?" He said. Ariana could tell he was smirking as he spoke.

"You're so nasty." She sucked her teeth, smiling. "I just got on a dress."

"No panties?"

"I have panties. Just no bra." She said, admiring herself in the mirror.

"I got niggas over there who will kill you. Stop playing with me."

"This is nothing new. It's too hot to be wearing a bra." She argued. "Anyways, is there anything in particular you want me to look for in the venue?"

"I want that shit to be outdoors. Hella flowers. That's what I promised you when we was in 11th grade." He said in a raspy voice. The call went silent, Ariana was now cheesing, still staring at herself in the mirror. She couldn't believe he remembered. She originally thought it was just a childish promise they had together, but for her dreams to become reality meant a lot for her.

"Ma? You there?"

"Yeah..okay I'll make sure it's outdoors and tell the planner we want flowers. Anything else?"

"No but I love you."

"I love you too. Babe I feel Giselle getting impatient right now. I'll call you as soon as I get back in the house."

"Alright bet."

Once the call disconnected, the young woman rushed to grab her purse and hurried out the room. She kissed her parents and daughter bye before sliding out the doors.

"Girl you took about five years?"

"I'm sorry. I was on the phone with Kevin" Ariana said as her bestfriend quickly drove out of her spot.

"It's okay. I was able to get you an appointment with this wedding planner, his name is David. He did my mom and step dad's wedding. He was super busy but he was able to free his afternoon for you."