Chapter - 45

Author's POV

"Sangavai!!!"

Sangavai, upon hearing her name called by the Queen, tensed up. Standing beside her with her head bowed, staring at the floor, she worried about the next question that she might not be able to answer with certainty...

"IliayaRaani...."

Yet she bowed down and took a step closer to Valliyammai who's eyes now glued to the two person who is coming towards her......Emperor Ellalan Sethupathi and his Queen Alarmelu Nachiyar...

This was her first Utsavam she is attending as Queen of Sethupathi empire , She was in her second trimester, so she couldn't immerse herself in the ocean for the rituals. Instead, she stood on the shore, watching her husband and sister take a dip in the ocean and offer prayers to the sun before coming back to her.....

Valliyammai raised her hand towards Sangavai......she understood the task and passed the Silver plate with Thiruneeru and Kumkumam along with two silk shawl......

Ellaalar approached and stood before her, taking a silk shawl and draping it over his shoulder. As he did so, he deliberately shook his hand, causing droplets of water to sprinkle onto her face....

Valliyammai was not ignorant of the intentions behind his actions. She took a deep breath and looked at him. As he leaned forward slightly, she pressed her fingers together in the Thiruneer, applied it to his forehead, took the Kumkumam on her ring finger, pressed it at the center, and with her thumb, she extended it upwards as a Thilagam....

He straightened himself, placed his palm over her head, and moved past her. she stood there stilled she can still feel his touch.....she took a deep breath and opened her eyes and saw her Akka looking at her with a smile........

Alarmelu hoisted her munthi above Valliyammai's head and wrung it out, causing droplets of water to fall upon her. The sudden chillness made goosebumps erupt all over Valliyammai's body.....

Elallar and Alarmelu intended for the ocean water to reach Valliyammai, as she was also the Queen and it was her right. Being pregnant meant she couldn't immerse herself in the ocean, but that didn't preclude the ocean water from reaching her. It wasn't just about the water; it symbolized the dynamics of their lives as well.

Alarmelu cradled Valliyammai's cheeks with one hand, while her other rested on the baby bump, nurturing the future Emperor of the Sethupathi Empire...

"What is the need of all this Akka....."

"It's your right Valli.....and I would make sure you get everything which you are rightful of....You are also the Queen of Sethupathi empire....and next year it would be you who will be doing all this as Queen mother..."

Alarmelu's response caused Valliyammai to narrow her eyes at her.

"Are you so weary of the Empress's responsibilities, Akka... that you wish to relinquish them all and transfer them to me as quickly as possible?"

Valliyammai Questioned making her sister chuckle...

"Lets move Valli Perarasar is waiting for us..."

"He is waiting for his Queen to accompany him Akka...."

"Indeed, you are also his Queen Valliyammai; in fact, he should be more protective for you than me... now come. "

Alarmelu said with a smile and walked from there with Valliyammau

"I can take care of myself very well, Akka. I don't need anyone's protection"

Valliayammai Scoffed ...