part 18# Comfort

~Lorenzo~

I woke up with Madelyn's face nuzzled in the crook of my neck. I mentally cursed myself for giving in once again . Every night is the same she asks me to stay , I say no , and then stay anyway. When it comes to this girl my brain doesn't work.

How am I supposed to say no to her when she looks at me with those gorgeous hopeful eyes. It's been going on like this for a week now. Sometimes I leave before she wakes up and sometimes I don't which is rewarded by amazing shower sex. Unfortunately today I would not be rewarded. I slowly moved her head onto her own pillow before slipping out of the bed careful not to wake her.

Reaching to slip on my pants and shirt I cast a glance over my shoulder to make sure she was still asleep. I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before walking out like an idiot.

As soon as I walk out I'm greeted by Kai standing outside the door with the biggest fakest smile on his face.

"Kai what the fuck why are you lurking outside her room." I whisper shouted almost having a heart attack.

"Because I knew you'd be here duh" he said still smiling and I scowl at him.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Please you're always here. I hate to admit it Enzo but you are completely whipped." He said and I glared at him.

"Don't call me Enzo." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"But she calls you Enzo." Kai whined like a child.

"Well you're not her are you?"

"This is exactly what I needed to talk to you about." He said following me around the house literally walking with his chest touching my back.

"Kai personal fucking space." I grit out and he immediately takes two steps back.

" You have a problem." He said and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry but it's true look I'm all for telling her at your own pace and telling her what you want ... But don't you think it'd be better if you tell her before you fall in love with her?" He said rushing out his words and I immediately stop walking my body stiffening.

"I'm not falling in love with her." I say and I even sound unconvincing to myself.

"Hey I wanna believe you and everything but you totally are." He says and I give him a death stare.

"Ok good talk." He rushes out before running away. I just roll my eyes at his stupidity. I'm not falling in love with her. Kai's an idiot ,what does he know? Kai will be right when hell freezes over.

I shake off his words walking into my office. I look at the stack of paperwork on my desk and groan. I've been putting off work to spend time with Madelyn and I guess it's all coming back to bite me in the ass now. I sit down at my desk and open my drawer. I pull out a file and look at the name on it. Sokolov . I don't open it instead I just sigh dropping it back into the drawer before tackling the load of paperwork on my desk.

I hear a knock on my door and mutter a quick 'come in' before turning my attention back to my work.

"Babe you good?" Someone says softly and I look up immediately smiling when I see her.

"Hey darling when did you wake up?" I ask and Madelyn walks over to my desk.

"4 hours ago." She smiles and I look at the clock in my office seeing that it's 1pm.

"Oh fuck." I say dropping my head in my palms rubbing my forehead. "I lost track of time."

"You seemed busy so I didn't wanna disturb you. I can leave." She says and I grab her hand.