part 21# Gone

~Lorenzo~

My mind is racing. Last night she told me she loved me and then I broke her heart like an idiot. I followed her after she ran upstairs and watched as she slammed her bedroom door closed locking it. Only then did I move to stand in front of her door. I stood there for hours listening to her sobs on the other side. Don't cry over me princess I'm not worth your pretty tears. With every sob my heart broke further.

I stood there in a frozen trance until the sobs quieted and her room went completely silent. Only then did I open her room door and see that she had fallen asleep on the floor still sitting up. Her cheeks were flushed and stained with tears and I moved my hand to wipe them away but stopped ,moving my hand back to my side, when I remembered that I was the reason for her tears.

I had picked her up and moved her to her bed tucking her in. I wanted to stay with her but decided against it. My mind was a mess and my chest ached when I remembered the sound of her crying. I went back to my room that didn't feel like mine anymore. Now it just felt lonely. I didn't sleep at all last night.

So now here I was. Sleep deprived , moody and my mind was made up. I wanted nothing more than to tell her I loved her but last night when I looked in her eyes I realised that could never happen. I saw it when I looked at her. She had hope. Hope for the perfect man who would keep her happy , and I can't be that man for her.

I walk down into the kitchen and am greeted by Kai's smiling face. Idiot why is he so happy?

"Heyy" he says as I brush past him moving over to the coffee.

"What do you want" I snap turning around to look at him.

"Wow you look like shit." He says and I don't have to look in a mirror to know he's probably right.

"Thanks" I groan and then freeze as I see Madelyn walking up behind Kai.

"Hey sweetheart" Kai says to her and I glared at him. Her hair is washed and she has light makeup on but I can still see the red rims under her eyes.

"I need to talk to you" she says brushing Kai off.

"Of course" I say but my eyes don't leave her face. She clears her throat and I quickly dart my eyes at the wall. I make my way to my office signalling for her to follow behind me.

She enters my office closing the door behind her and I move towards her cupping her face but to my surprise she jerks out of my touch. She backs up ,until her back is pressed against the door , putting some space between us.

"I want to leave." She says with her voice deathly steady. Immediately the exhaustion I was feeling is replaced by anger. Leave?

"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings last night but you're not leaving." I say sternly.

"I'm sorry if my tone made it seem like a request Mr Armini but it's not. I'm not asking for your permission." She says and my anger only increases.

I move closer slamming my palms on the door behind her trapping her between my arms. I lean in until our faces are almost touching and her breathing picks up.

"I don't care what you want. You're not leaving." I say and anger sparks in her eyes.

"Fuck you" she says and I let out a cold laugh.

"Oh you did. Many many times and you enjoyed every minute of it." I say coldly and she opens her mouth to say something but I cut her off.

"What you're throwing a tantrum because I didn't say I love you?" I say cruelly the words feeling like poison on my tongue. "Grow the fuck up this isn't a fairytale and I'm not your prince charming. I'll admit you were a good fuck but that's it."