What is the reason?

I went towards the hall holding the plate. Please God.. don't let this happen.

"Maa.."

I gave her the plate and looked at my brother who was equally shocked like me, seeing Yash in the room standing beside me. I looked down, hiding my tears from him. Only he knows what I am battling inside.

Suddenly I felt a grip on my hand. I looked at it and saw Yash had held it. No one could see that because our hand was covered with my dupatta. I looked at him, who was currently smiling.

"Yash haath choro!"
(Yash, leave my hand!)

He looked at me and nodded in disagreement.
Why is he making this more difficult for me?

"Yash, koi dekh lega!"
(Yash, somebody will catch us!)

"Toh dekhne do... Sabko pata chalna chahiye ki tumhari permanent booking ho gayi hai!"
(So let them catch! Everyone should know that you've been permanently booked!)

I looked towards the couple who were having their ritual and i was trying to escape from the situation!

"Kiara idhar aana zara!"
(Kiara, come here!)

I heard my brother. I guess he sensed my difficulty. In a hurry I untangled his hand with mine in a jerk and went to him. He moaned when I did that and when I looked at him, his hand was bleeding. But he was smiling looking at it.

"Kiara... Agar tu chahti hai toh we can cancel this wedding! I don't want tujhe yeh sab trauma wapas jhelna pare!"
(Kiara.. if you want then we can cancel this wedding! I don't want you to suffer all of those traumas again!)

"Nahi bhaiya! Shaadi ki pehli rasam pe aisi ashubh baatein nahi karte! Main manage kar lungi bhaiya kuch hi din ki baat hai! Usko college mein jhela na maine! Yaha bhi kar lungi! Aap tension mat lo!"
(No brother! You shouldn't talk about these negative things on the first ritual day! I will manage! It's just a matter of a few days! I have handled him in college! I will do this here too! Don't worry!)

I can see clearly that he was unsatisfied with my answer. I looked back at Yash who was not seen now. I started looking for him.

"Abh larke ki behn aage aaiye!"
(Now the groom's sister needs to volunteer!)

My attention went to the priest who was performing the ritual.
Soon I got busy with it. But still I was searching for him. Did he leave already? I sighed... Why am I even expecting... He is not in my destiny.
.
.
After the ritual was over, everyone left for their home, leaving two or three relatives of ours, so that they could help mom. Bhaiya was in his room getting freshened up.

As I was about to enter my room, I saw someone standing on my balcony. Is that Yash? I remembered his hand was bleeding!
I immediately went and brought the medicated cream!
I went towards him and was about to tap on his shoulder but stopped. What am I doing?

"Chu lo Kiara.. tumhara hi hu main!"
(You can touch me Kiara.. I am all yours!)

With that he turned around with a smile on his face. He looks so great when he smiles. I can do anything to see him smile like that.

"Yeh smile sirf tabhi hi aati hai jab tum mere saamne rehti ho!"
(This smile comes in my face only when you're there in front of me!)

I came back from my trance. Hesitatingly I held his hand and looked at the wound. Why was I overthinking? Am I for real? It's nothing!!! Of course why would someone ever get hurt with some nails? I sighed and was about to go when I heard a thud noise.

I immediately turned around and saw, now Yash's hand was bleeding fully! I looked at his back and saw there were nails coming out of the wall, in which he had hit his hand.
I immediately held his hand.

"Yash!!!! Paagal ho gaye ho kya??? Kya kar rahe ho?"
(Yash!!! Are you mad? What are you even doing?)

"Sirf tumhare liye..."
(Only for you...)

"Tum pagal ho!!"
(You are mad!!)

"Tumhare liye.."
(Only for you..)

I sighed! And took the first aid box to aid his wound. I was busy doing it when he suddenly started laughing.

"Tum has kyu rahe ho? Yaha koi joke chal raha hai kya?"
(Why are you laughing? Is there a joke going on?)

His laugh increased! Ohkay now I am getting irritated! I completed dressing his wound and was about to go when he held my hand and pulled me towards the railing, caging me in between his hands. I was shocked by his move.

"Tumhe pata hai main kyu has Raha tha?"
(You know why I was laughing so much?)

He stopped for a while and looked directly in my eyes.

"Tum kitna koshish kar rahi ho Kiara.. mujhse apni feelings chupane ke liye... Lekin kuch faayda nahi ho rha.. chah ke bhi tum chupa nahi sakti.. pata hai kyu? Kyuki tumhare yeh jo khubsurat aankhein hai na... Yeh sab kuch bayan kar hi dete hai.. ki kya feel karti ho tum?"
(You're trying so much..  to hide your feelings from me... But nothing's in your favour... No matter how much you try... I get to know it and do you know why? Because you have such beautiful and expressive eyes which express each and every feeling of yours!)

He said... My eyes filled with tears... You forgot everything Yash.. but you're still that old Yash.. which I met way before.. you're the same... You still know what's going on in my heart and mind... You can still read my eyes like you used to do...

"Kya reason hai Kiara... Kyu tum mujhse bhaag Rahi ho.. kyu mujhse peecha churwana chahti ho? Jabki tum bhi mujhse utna hi pyar karti ho?"
(What is the reason Kiara.. why are you running away from me... Why you want to get rid of me? When you love me as much as I love you?)
.
.
.
TBC
DO VOTE AND REVIEW