XXXIV

|Assassination to the Heart|

__

Seungkwan grabbed Chan by the collar and shook him. "Ride with me. It's an order!"

Chan's eyes widened and he grabbed Seungkwan's wrist, with concern written across his face. "What! Why, what happened? What did that damned fox do?!"

Seungkwan pushed his head down and shook his head. It's not him. It's me. I can't be near him. Just a glance at him and I can feel my insides muddled and my head filled with thoughts.

Dangerous thoughts that seek to disrupt my very resolve. Seungkwan ripped his hands away from Chan and hugged his body. I can't say that. How can a prince be brought to such ruins by-

Seungkwan physically felt himself bite down on his tongue like he was punishing himself for speaking out of turn. As though, Vernon himself would hear his smug thoughts and do much worse to him. 

No matter how superior Seungkwan was meant to feel by those around him. He felt inferior in Vernon's presence. An inferiority that he yearned to feel. Lost in the power of him. Wondrously lost.

Suddenly he was brought back to reality by a soft thunk on his face. He opened his eyes to see a white cravat dangling in front of his eyes.

A ray of shivers ran down his back when he heard the soft-spoken words of his knight melt away in his ears. "If you hate the thought of seeing me... then cover your eyes to not soil your mood further."

Seungkwan opened his mouth to express his confusion but quickly closed it when the strip of fabric covered his eyes and tied around his head. Oh. I see...

Seungkwan felt the man behind him move to his side and he flinched at the touch of his rough fingers scooping his hand into his.

Seungkwans cheeks reddened at the familiar warmth and his body tensed at the memories of all the amazing things those fingers could do.

"Step up," Vernon instructed as he led the boy up and into the carriage.

He felt for the seat closest to the carriage horseman and sat down. He listened and heard the firm impact of Vernon sitting in front of him.

Then they were off.

-

This was perhaps the strangest of solutions.

Admittedly though, Vernon was very creative. Seungkwan could attest to that.

So here they were... In a carriage together... Sitting only a few feet away from the other. For Seungkwan, it was completely suffocating. For Vernon, it was almost wild.

Even though Seungkwan had his eyes blindfolded, he could still feel the pair of eyes that were on him. There wasn't a moment since they got in the carriage where he felt they had left him.