XXXV

|Out of Control|

___

Vernon ended up doing another sweep of the area. Not necessarily because he felt there was any danger but because he needed a moment to assess the situation at hand.

It would seem on the outside that the two of them had made up but reality as Vernon had come to learn was never so simple.

After they had departed from each other, Vernon took a glance at the prince's face and what he saw was a distant look. He knew by Seungkwan's faraway eyes that his mind had yet to be made about where they stood.

That was fine, is what Vernon thought when he bowed to make his last round. But once he was far away from his highness his true feelings seemed to surface in the form of a fallen tree.

He realized when his hands were painted red and splinters were slowly flicking out his knuckles as he regenerated, that he was no longer in a state to regulate himself.

He was losing it. That last act of affection that Seungkwan had given him out of nowhere seemed to be the needle that burst the fragile bubble that was Vernon's restraint.

Even now as he was no longer in sight of the prince he could still feel his presence all over his body. The tender feeling of his arms wrapped around him was all too innocent and yet thinking about it now made him dizzy with desire.

His hands on his back, his arms around him, his face pressed against his chest. Even beneath all the fabric and the soft skin, the faintest sound of Seungkwan's heart thumping in his chest. All of it came rushing to him. He imagined his blood pumping through him. Taste it on his tongue.

This yearning was not normal. It was not right. No, it wasn't even human.

It was vampiric. In all it's intensity. It was the pure instincts of a vampire possessed by what Vernon could only describe as infatuation.

He was riddled with obsessive thoughts. Thoughts about Seungkwan.

They were all-consuming and neurotic in nature. He could feel that they were beginning to become dangerous as well.

The proof was deep in the woods where he had disposed of all the bodies of the men he had killed. The brutality was that of an animal. Of a beast. Even he felt sick after and he had seen the face of war.

"Shit... I need to go back..." Vernon said in a low and heavy tone. But he still felt this insatiable hunger brewing inside him.

He needed to calm himself. Relieve himself of this tension before he returned to his highness.

He knew what he needed to do.

Vernon reached down to a small sack attached to his waist and pulled out a dagger. He clenched his jaw staring at the point of it before he traced the sharp edge down the length of him and stopped at the waist.