Chapter 02 - Procreation.

3 years later...

Jennifer and Jack were called into the office of General Gredenko, leader of the Pallas initiative. Now sitting in her superior's office, Jennifer couldn't help but feel the same feeling that came over her every time she walked in there.

The environment was clean, extremely organized and decorated with discretion, but the subtle touches praised the homeland and the sense of duty.

Every time she walked in there, Jennifer was happy and proud to be part of that great nation and to be a member of the Pallas Initiative. Sitting next to her, Jack seemed detached, which was strange, whenever they were called on a mission he used to be focused and attentive to every detail.

Gredenko arrived after a few minutes, filling the room with his imposing figure, the general was a tall and muscular man, but it was not his physical appearance but his strong personality that made him unique, he was wearing his full uniform, he would probably leave there somewhere. important meeting, Jennifer speculated as she stood up respectfully being imitated by Jack.

Gredenko entered in silence and responded to the salute given by the young soldiers, walked around the desk and sat down making a gesture of dismissal to his subordinates who also sat down in silence:

After a few minutes of silence going through a pile of documents, the general finally spoke:

- Congratulations! You have been selected for the next stage of our project!

- I thank you for the opportunity to serve my country, Sir - said Jennifer satisfied - I am at your complete disposal.

-I expected nothing less from you, Private Jennifer.

The general looked at Jack with intensity, but the young soldier took a few seconds to confirm without enthusiasm:

- Oh! Yes... the same as my partner Jennifer said, serving the country blah, blah, blah.

-Did I say blahblahblah? - Jennifer asked irritably, looking at him.

-That's what I heard.

- This stage will demand more from you, Jennifer - continued the general, ignoring the boy's comments, although he was a little insubordinate, he was the most promising soldier of the initiative which gave him certain perks - since it will be you who will conceive our new soldiers .

Jennifer was a little embarrassed by the situation but swallowed hard.

- Whatever is necessary, sir.

- Thank you for your devotion to our country and I'm counting on you too, Jack.

- Oh! For sure! I will protect Jennifer and the new soldiers she will conceive, all for the country! - he said and winked at Jennifer who blushed.

Not knowing if Jack understood his role in this mission, the young woman asked the general:

- Sir, I want a detailed description of the stages of our mission.

- Do you want it? Well, I was discreet due to your delicate situation, but if you wish, I will be more direct - Gredenko agreed uncomfortably - You are the best soldiers we have and who, by the wish of the goddess Pallas, were born male and female, therefore you must have coitus, to find out if your genes are compatible to generate new soldiers.

- Thank you, sir! -Jeniffer replied, blushing in embarrassment.

- Well if not, but questions, I have a meeting in half an hour and I still need to organize some details, so...

Jennifer and Jack stood up, saluted and left the room.

In the hallway, embarrassed, Jennifer remained silent, she noticed that Jack seemed very comfortable, even happy, and asked irritably.

- What it was?

- Anything! Look, I just wanted to wish you and your children good luck, I hope the chosen one is Jack Mardonne.

Jack Mardonne was a young soldier supervising the initiative, he was not one of the super soldiers but he was an excellent soldier, he had always been very courteous and even kind to Jeniffer, which ended up becoming a big favorite among the other soldiers who used to say that he he was in love with her.

Jennifer didn't care about her friends' teasing, she had been raised in a military environment since she was a baby and was already used to it, she liked Mardonne and respected him as a warrior but he was just that, a good colleague.

- Jack Mardonne? - Jennifer asked without understanding - Do you think the father of my child will be Jack Madorne?

- I hope so, he likes you and will treat you with respect - Jack replied satisfied - I'll stay close of course, if you need to and just call me and then I'll come running to save the miracle boy.

Jennifer looked at him in shock, but he didn't seem to notice his colleague's discomfort, after a few seconds she asked, already about to lose her composure.

- Jack, if the father is Mardonne then why did he call you, Jack! And not Jack Mardonne to be in the room with me today?

- Where do you want to get to? - Jack looked at her without understanding.

-Come with me...

Jennifer took Jack by the arm and led him back to the general's office.

-Wait, girl - Jack complained as he was dragged.

Gredenko's secretary was not there, which made things easier for the young woman who knocked on the door and entered after the general's confirmation, dragging her friend with her.

- I'm sorry, sir, for bothering you again - Jennifer asked the general who was watching her in surprise - could you repeat again who will be the father of my child?

- I thought I was very clear, if there is a problem tell me and we will try to fix it - assured Gredenko.

- Sir, could you please repeat the name of my son's father - Jennifer insisted.

- Jack, as I said - repeated the general without understanding.

- See, Jack Mardonne - said Jack calmly - Let's let the general work, sorry sir.

Before Jack reached the door, the General reprimanded him:

-Jack! You're wrong, I'll be more direct! – Gredenko got up from his chair and walked around the table to face the young soldier - You're in this room, Jack! You will be the father of Jennifer's child, you are not Jack Smite, Jack Carlito or Jack Mardonne, just Jack, without a surname like all soldiers of the Pallas initiative.

- And Jack Connor? - asks Jack in a mocking tone.

-Soldier compose yourself! - scolded the irritated general - If you are insinuating that you will defy a direct order, know that there are several men who would love to be in your position.

- Put them on, then... - said Jack, then - turning to his colleague - he added - no offense, Jennifer.

- This boat has already sailed, Jack! - Jennifer said in a sarcastic tone.

- It's you, Jack - repeated Gredenko, about to lose his patience - unless you wish to disobey a direct order...

- No sir.

- Then you are dismissed.

Jennifer left the room looking like she had few friends, Jack followed her scared.

- What's that face, Jack?

- Is that...

- Damn, Jack! We slept together and it's over for you! I will spend nine months creating the future of the nation, so be in my dorm tonight and let's get this over with.

Jennifer left irritably down the hall, while Jack grumbled:

- OK! Everything for the nation!

Upon hearing him, Jennifer stopped at the end of the corridor and shouted:

- And when you come, at least bring me flowers! And a bottle of a very strong drink because only drunk to put up with you.