Chapter 08 - The meeting in the woods.

A few weeks later...

Edmundo was hunting in a forest near the city of Dodge in the interior of Andorra, it was a city of farmers, very poor with no health infrastructure, since he became a doctor, the young man had decided to act as an itinerant visiting poor villages and taking his knowledge to those most in need. , he never stayed in the same place for long.

It had been two months since he arrived in Dodge but he was already thinking about leaving, he believed he had already helped many people there, he had already taught a lot and in other parts of the world there were others in need of his knowledge.

He would leave soon, but not before he was sure that his patients would be okay, that afternoon he had decided to take a few hours off to hunt a little, that always relaxed him.

He was concentrating on the track of a squirrel when he heard the screams of a child, he ran towards the voice asking for help and found her a few meters away cornered by a bear, she couldn't have been more than five years old.

Edmundo aimed the first time and missed the shot, the beast turned towards him, fired a second time, but the bullet grazed the creature that advanced. Finally, a third bullet lodged in the creature's skull, killing it instantly.

The little girl looked at him angrily.

-Are you okay little girl? – asked Edmundo, approaching her – What is your name?

-Oh! Yes! -said the girl as if only then had she realized the risk she had taken- My name is Maria.

- Right, Maria, what are you doing here, alone? Where are your parents?

- I'm not alone, my mother is on the road with our cart - said the little girl, her eyes suddenly filling with tears - There was an accident, she hurt her leg, it got stuck in the hardware, she needs help.

- Take me to her - asked the boy and upon seeing the girl's scared reaction he added - There's no need to be afraid, I'm a doctor, I'll help you.

On the way, the curious girl asked.

- Were you camping, Edmundo?

- How do you know my name?

- You told me?

- I said?

- Yes, you asked my name I said: Maria and you replied: hello! Maria! I'm Edmundo, nice to meet you - explained the girl.

- I must have said so! - said the boy, smiling at the girl's elaborate explanation - How else would you know my name? After all, we don't know, do we?

-Definitely not – assured Maria.

- What's your mother's name.

-Jenni..-The girl was interrupted when she realized that she had made a mistake – it's Jenni...

-Jennifer? Did you mean? - Edmundo asked.

- I wanted?

- It's okay, girl, you can trust me, I told you I'm a doctor, you're safe with me.

-Sorry- said the girl.

- Jennifer - Edmundo repeated nostalgically - I had a friend with that name.

- And even? Where is she now?

- I don't know, I haven't seen you in about six years, I think, you weren't even born.

- I'm 5 years old - confirmed the girl

- Seriously, what have you been eating? It's very strong.

- Thanks.

- The first time I see a girl being called cute and thanking her.