Chapter 04 - In the bedroom.

Jack entered the impeccable room and placed the young woman's body gently on the sheets, he thought she was asleep because her eyes were closed.

He began to undress her until she was left half-naked on the covers, adjusted the pillow and when she started to get up, a delicate hand held her arm.

Jennifer opened her eyes and asked in a sleepy voice:

-Why, Jack?

He watched her for a few seconds trying to understand the question, finally he answered:

-You must be asking why I killed the children and said it was you, thus making you win the Palla medal?

-That's right! Jack! -she said in a voice that revealed how drunk she was-it was stupid, Jack! That medal should have been yours.

- I already have this medal.

- Lie.

- I don't have any more space in the shoe box - the boy mocked.

- Do you keep your medals in a shoe box? - Jennifer asked, getting closer to her friend.

- It's just junk metal that rusts over time.

- Do you want to see my medal? - she asked, stroking the button on her friend's shirt - she is there at the desk where the medals should be kept.

-It's very beautiful - he said without even looking at the desk.

- What's up, Jack? How's your research going? -she asked after opening the button on his shirt.

- Well, I think that in a week, at most two, I will have the character ready.

- How about a test drive to see your progress? - Jennifer asked, opening another button and caressing her friend's chest.

To her surprise, Jack felt the hairs on his body stand up.

- I think it's inappropriate - he said, holding her wrist to stop her advance - It could destroy the whole process.

- Fuck the process!!! I need to forget what happened today - she said, bursting into tears - please help me.

- I don't know! - Jack said uncertainly - you're drunk, it won't work.

- Yes, you will, Edmundo Montenegro.

- Who is Edmundo Montenegro? - asked Jack confused.

-I don't know, it came to my mind-Jennifer said, leaning against Jack's chest and stroking the base of his neck as she whispered-It was the protagonist of a book I read.

-Do you read books?

-I know I'm not addicted like you, but I know how to read and I read when necessary.

-Sorry, I didn't mean to be offensive.

-You are! even when he doesn't want to- purred the girl, caressing his ear.

Jack took a deep breath and couldn't say anything.

-You said you were going to read some spicy books to help with our mission, so I thought maybe I could do the same, I went to the library and got some books, I thought they could help me become more desirable to you.

- So much nonsense! - replied Jack.

Jennifer let herself fall onto her pillow with her eyes full of tears.

- Nonsense? No, I... I've never been with a man - she said fighting a yawn - maybe if I was more experienced... maybe I would have... you would have... we...