Chapter 16 - A divine encounter.

Dimas couldn't believe his eyes, hidden behind the treetops, he witnessed, together with his friends, the city of Kais being attacked by something supernatural.

They were not missiles, nor any other known technology, the guardians had no way to defend themselves when suddenly fire began to rain from the sky and the ground shook in a violent earthquake.

- What are we going to do - one of the guards asked, trying to hold on to a tree trunk to avoid falling.

All eyes turned to Dimas, who in Taylor's absence was the leader of that venture.

-Let's wait! - shouted Dimas - Taylor is still on time.

The moment the boy closed his mouth, the city's main gate collapsed, without human intervention.

Dimas ran forward as he needed to see better what was happening. As soon as he positioned himself in a field with better visibility, he stopped in awe, five creatures with a humanoid appearance moved towards the city, their bodies shone like gold and their appearance resembled the divine.

-What are we going to do, Dimas? - Asked one of the men who had followed him and looked at the vision in amazement.

-Let's get out of here- shouted Dimas in a daze -Now! Abort!

***

Falling under the rubble, Taylor tried to move cautiously, due to the pain he felt he was sure he had broken some bones,

He moved, pushing away the debris that blocked his access to the surface with his hands, "Damn! He cursed in thought, he had been so close to accomplishing the mission!" If it weren't for that woman?! By Pallas, what was an agent of the initiative doing allied with a Gullan lord?! The world really was lost! He pondered the soldier dragging himself out of what was left of the building.

Julie had been captured by the enemy city while carrying out a mission, she had probably been subjected to some type of brainwashing, the couple demonstrated a rapport that was difficult to achieve; Were they lovers?

Taylor tried to see, but the environment around him was plunging into thick smoke, the boy choked as he dodged a burning log that had just fallen towards him.

He needed to get out of there soon! He said to himself holding his breath and fighting the pain in his legs.

His targets, he had already left the place or was dead under the rubble, either way that mission had failed and his only hope of survival was to take advantage of that chaos to reach his colleagues before the delegation left.

With difficulty he managed to reach the outer corridor, but the sight was not at all reassuring, there were dead people along its entire length.

However, it was not the corpses that surprised him, dead in a situation like that would be difficult to avoid, the way in which those people had died, however, did not match the situation that was presented.

They were not crushed, suffocated or even burned, but rather torn apart with their body parts scattered and mixed together in an indescribable way.

Taylor crouched down on his knees, by the gods what was happening there, it could never have been caused by any distraction promoted by his allies, but then who would have the courage to attack Kais and how could that happen at the exact moment they were they trying to kidnap Lord Del Rey? That was too much of a coincidence!

All those questions could be left for later, the boy thought, the important thing now is to get out of here. The sound of screams and gunshots guided Taylor out of that hell, when he finally reached the outer courtyard he understood what all the noise was about.