Marriage talks

As the royal meeting continued, one of the wise men spoke up, his voice echoing throughout the grand hall. "Sire, we have been discussing this for quite some time now. Your Majesty's unmarried status has been a topic of concern for many." The old man gestured towards Taehyung's mother, who nodded in agreement. "Indeed, Your Majesty," she said softly, "it is high time you found a wife. The kingdom requires a queen."

Taehyung's heart skipped a beat as he felt his cheeks flush with anger. His eyes looked around to find jungkook who head his head down low and he could sense he was uncomfortable with the topic that just started. 

But before Taehyung could respond, Commander Jungkook stepped forward, his eyes flickering with a mixture of concern and defiance. "My Queen, with all due respect, our King is still very young for marriage. Shouldn't we focus on addressing the issues plaguing our kingdom first?"

Sehun, couldn't resist interjecting. "Commander, perhaps you should focus on your duties rather than interfering in matters of the heart. If marriage is in the air, can I marry you instead? Why don't we just elope and leave these old farts to their meetings?" He smirked, obviously enjoying the discomfort he was causing.

Jungkook's eyes widened in suprise  as he struggled for a response. Taehyung clenched his fists, willing his knuckles not to turn white. "No one is marrying anyone and Mother, I cannot marry just yet," he said firmly. "I have other matters to attend to, such as the growing unrest among the commoners and the threat of raiders from the north."

With that, Taehyung's firm statement brought the meeting to an abrupt end. The courtiers dispersed. 

Jungkook sprinted down the corridor of the palace his heart pounding in anticipation. He couldn't suppress the grin that spread across his face as he neared Taehyung's room. He knew Taehyung would be waiting for him, just as eager for their reunion as he was. Staying even one hour away from each other was difficult for them.

Pushing open the door, Jungkook was met with the sight of Taehyung standing in the middle of the room, a soft smile playing on his lips. Their eyes met, and in that instant, all the distance and time apart melted away.
Without a word, Taehyung opened his arms wide, welcoming Jungkook into an embrace. Jungkook stepped forward, feeling the warmth of Taehyung's embrace enveloping him. It felt like coming home.
Their eyes locked, a silent understanding passing between them. 

Taehyung let out a soft, content sigh as he nestled deeper into the warmth of Jungkook's embrace. His eyes remained closed, as if he were lost in a dream. Jungkook chuckled softly, running his fingers through Taehyung's silky hair. "You know, I was starting to worry that you will actually be getting married to some random princess," he confessed. Taehyung hummed, his lips brushing against Jungkook's neck. "

There was a brief silence as Jungkook seemed to ponder this, his heart racing with a mixture of joy and anxiety. He pulled Taehyung closer, their bodies molding together like two halves of a whole. "Well, you're here now, and that's all that matters. Kim taehyung remember You're mine, and I'm yours. No one can take that away from us.. Dont keep your eyes on other princess okay?"

Taehyung smiled against Jungkook's skin, his breath hitching. "You're right, my love. I'm only yours. I've never seen anything but you, even before my eyes met yours." He paused, tilting her head up to look Jungkook in the eyes. "And I never will." 

 "I'm just a boy, Tae. And a commander, at that. I am not pretty like other princesses ." He turned away, looking out over the crowd with a frown.

"But you are the prettiest commander I've ever seen," Taehyung said, winking at him. Jungkook's cheeks flushed pink, and he ducked his head, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"Oh, and who is the most handsome King they've ever met?" he asked archly, glancing back at Taehyung. The other boy's grin widened.

"Why, I believe that title belongs to me, of course," he replied, sweeping into a dramatic bow. "I, your humble servant, am here to make sure I live up to that title as the most handsome king the land has ever known."

Jungkook rolled his eyes again, but a tiny smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. "Oh, you're so full of yourself," he muttered, shaking his head. 

As they were lost in the moment, Taehyung couldn't help but wonder what the future held for them. They had been through so much together, but there were still challenges ahead. Their love was forbidden, frowned upon by their families and the elders. Yet, despite everything, they couldn't deny the pull they felt towards each other.