Invisible thread

Kim Taehyung stood in front of the grand mirror, adorned in regal attire fit for a king. As he gazed at his reflection, a sense of pride and responsibility washed over him. Suddenly, he noticed a figure behind him in the mirror. Turning around, he saw his mother, her eyes sparkling with tears of joy. They embraced, their hearts overflowing with love and pride for each other.

After a moment, Taehyung found himself standing before the entire kingdom, his heart fluttering with nerves and anticipation. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath as he felt the cool weight of the crown press against his brow. He raised his chin slightly, adjusting the velvet cloak that flowed around his slender frame like a second skin. His heart thudded in his chest as he took his first tentative steps towards the throne. The grand hall of the palace echoed with the sound of boots striking the marble floor and the murmur of voices, hushed with anticipation.

As he walked down the aisle, he couldn't help but glance around at the familiar faces that filled the room. There were courtiers he had known since childhood, soldiers who had fought by his side in countless battles, and even some members of the royal family who had been less than welcoming in the past. But now, they all seemed to be united in their support for him.

As he finally reached the throne, the crowd erupted into thunderous applause, and he could feel the weight of their expectations pressing down on him. He took a deep breath and turned to face them, the crown resting proudly on his brow. For a brief moment, he allowed himself to imagine what it would be like to rule this kingdom alongside the commander, their combined strength and wisdom guiding their people to a brighter future.

But then, reality came crashing back in as he heard the words of his first official decree: "I, King Taehyung, do hereby declare..." His heart skipped a beat, and for a second ,Amid the crowd, his eyes locked with a young boy dressed as a commander. Their gazes met, and Taehyung felt a flurry of emotions he couldn't quite place. The commander's doe eyes held a sense of unwavering loyalty and admiration that stirred something deep within Taehyung's heart. 

He raised his voice, steady and strong, and began to speak. The words tumbled out of him, a mix of tradition and innovation, promises of prosperity and calls for unity. And as he spoke, he could feel the presence of the commander in front of him, his hands clasped tightly together, his eyes never leaving his face. It was as if they were sharing this moment, this responsibility, this destiny.

As the last words left his lips, the crowd exploded into cheers once more, hailing their new king and his brave, bold vision for the future.

He then caught sight of a young man in the back of the hall, his posture straight and his gaze unwavering. There was something about him that drew Taehyung's attention, and as the crowd parted to let the commander through, he felt a surge of anticipation course through him. The commander, Jeon Jungkook, knelt before him, bowing his head in submission. Taehyung extended his hand, and as Jungkook grasped it, they were suddenly no longer in the grand hall. They were somewhere else entirely.

The air was thick with the scent of roses, and the sounds of birdsong filled the air. A verdant garden stretched out before them, its paths lined with tall, imposing trees. The sun shone down from a cloudless sky, casting dappled shadows across the lush green grass. As they walked together, Taehyung felt a connection to this place, as if it were a reflection of his soul. Jungkook led them deeper into the garden, and finally, they came to a small pond, its waters still and mirror-like.

Taehyung paused, gazing at his reflection in the water. He could see the crown upon his head, and beside him, the strong, proud figure of Jeon Jungkook. He felt a strange sensation in his chest, a tugging at his heartstrings, as if some invisible thread were connecting them. "I am Jeon Jungkook," the commander said, his voice soft and reverent. "My king, and I will always protect you." Taehyung nodded, his eyes never leaving Jungkook's face. There was something in the commander's gaze that made him believe, truly believe, that these words were not just empty promises, but a solemn vow.

Jungkook reached out and took Taehyung's hand, pressing it against his chest. As their skin touched, Taehyung felt a warmth spread through his body, like a fire kindled deep within. It was a sensation he had never experienced before, and he could not help but wonder what it meant. Was it love? Admiration? Loyalty? Or something more? He did not know. 

The day went on for Kim taehyung but the face of his commander never leaving his mind.