Agreement

The sun had barely crested the horizon when Kim Heeyin's gentle voice pierced the early morning quiet. "Taehyung," she called out, her tone a soft blend of urgency and maternal warmth. In the next room, her son stirred in his bed, the heavy velvet curtains blocking the nascent light from his eyes.

"Mother," Taehyung murmured groggily, pushing himself upright and running a hand through his unruly hair, "why did you call me?" His voice was a mix of curiosity and resignation, knowing full well that his mother's summons often bore news of royal engagements and expectations that had been set for him since before he could walk.

"Taehyung," Heeyin began, her voice gaining a certain firmness, "I know you will oppose me, but please, listen carefully." She paused, gathering her thoughts before continuing. "The kingdom needs a queen."

Taehyung's eyes shot open, and he threw the covers off with a sigh. "Not this again," he said, his voice echoing with a touch of exasperation. He knew the drill—his mother had been parading potential suitors before him for what felt like an eternity, each one more eager than the last to claim the title of his future wife. "I don't need to get married," he protested, his voice gaining volume with each word.

Heeyin's expression softened as she approached her son's bedside. "Okay," she said, her voice a gentle coax, "just meet the princess I have chosen for you. Can't you do this one thing for your mother?"

Taehyung sighed heavily, the weight of his mother's plea settling on his shoulders. He knew her intentions were pure, driven by the desire to ensure the kingdom's stability and the continuation of their bloodline. "But I don't have to marry her," he clarified, hoping to claim at least a semblance of control in the situation.

His mother nodded solemnly. "That is for you to decide," she assured him. "All I ask is that you meet her. After that, it is entirely your choice."

Taehyung searched his mother's eyes, finding the unspoken hope that he would at least consider the union. He nodded reluctantly, unable to refuse her. "Fine," he said, swinging his legs over the side of the bed, "I will meet her."

As he approached the central fountain, the soft murmur of the water was suddenly shattered by a furious cry. "KIM TAEHYUNG, YOU FREAKING BASTARD!" Jungkook came barreling through the hedgerow, sword drawn and eyes ablaze. His usually stoic demeanor was replaced by a storm of anger and betrayal.

Taehyung's heart skipped a beat as he recognized the urgency in Jungkook's voice. He turned to face him, his own eyes widening in surprise and fear. Jungkook had never called him by his full name before, nor had he ever seen him this enraged. "Kookie, what's wrong?" he called out, his voice quivering slightly.

Jungkook didn't slow his approach, his footsteps thundering on the path as he closed the distance between them. "You're going to marry her, aren't you?" he accused, the tip of his sword pointing accusingly at Taehyung. "You're going to leave me for some bitch with a crown!"

Taehyung's eyes searched Jungkook's, desperate to find a way to convey the truth. "No," he said, raising his hands in a placating gesture. "It's not like that. I had no choice. Mother—"

But Jungkook was beyond the point of reason. His voice grew louder, echoing off the high walls of the garden. "You always have a choice, Taehyung!" He lunged forward, and Taehyung stumbled backward, his eyes never leaving the sword that was now dangerously close to his chest. "Why would you agree to this? Why her?"

The prince felt a surge of desperation, knowing that he had to explain before things spiraled out of control. "Kookie, please," he pleaded, "listen to me. I didn't want this. My mother—"

Jungkook's grip on the sword tightened, his knuckles white with tension. "Your mother has no right to dictate your heart!"

Taehyung knew that explaining the complexities of royal duty and the expectations that came with his title would fall on deaf ears in the face of Jungkook's passion. Instead, he took a deep breath and spoke from the heart. "Jungkook, you know I never wanted to marry for anything but love. You know that I would never to leave you."

Jungkook's eyes searched Taehyung's, looking for any sign of deceit, but all he found was pain and sincerity. He took a step back, his sword dropping slightly, his breath coming in ragged gasps. "What are you saying?"

Taehyung took a tentative step forward, reaching out a hand to grasp Jungkook's forearm. "I didn't agree to marry her. I agreed to meet her and I'm saying that I chose you, Kookie. My heart has always been yours."

For a moment, the world around them seemed to pause, as if the very air was holding its breath. Jungkook's eyes searched Taehyung's, looking for any sign of a lie, any indication that this was a ploy to ease his anger. But all he saw was the truth reflected in those warm, amber pools. He let out a shaky exhale, and the tension in his body began to uncoil.

"You idiot," he whispered, his voice raw with emotion. "Why you didn't tell me before? " He pulled Taehyung closer, burying his face in the crook of his neck. "I was doing my duty and people started talking about how you are getting married to some pretty princess.I got so scared you know ."

Taehyung wrapped his arms around Jungkook, holding him tightly, feeling the warmth of his body against his own. "You are my everything darling. I would rather die than marrying someone other than you. Baby you are my world. ."

They stood there for what seemed like hours, their bodies pressed together, their hearts beating in unison. The tension of the moment slowly ebbed away, replaced by a deep, abiding love that transcended everything else.

"I'm sorry for doubting you," Jungkook whispered. "I didn't want to hurt you."

Taehyung kissed Jungkook's hair, feeling the softness of it against his lips. "I know. I also find this angry kookie cute and what did you call Your King as? Kim Taehyung huh? "

"I am sorry. I didn't realise it, My King," Jungkook said, his voice shaking. He saw Taehyung laughing and he hit his shoulder.

"I' hate youuu, Kim Taehyung.