Don't give up on me

King Taehyung's castle loomed over the bustling town square, its once gleaming towers now shadowed by the gloom of a thousand candles held by the protesters below. The air was thick with the scent of anger and the thunderous echoes of shouts filled the night. The town crier's bell chimed, a mournful sound that seemed to mock the jovial laughter that once danced through the cobblestone streets. In every hand, a placard was raised, each one bearing the same damning accusation: "Unfit to Rule!"

The royal guards stood rigid, their gleaming armor a stark contrast to the chaos that surrounded them. They had orders to stand firm, but their eyes betrayed their uncertainty. They had never seen their king's portrait defaced with rotten tomatoes and eggs, nor heard such vitriolic words hurled at the man they were sworn to protect. Yet, they remained steadfast, shields raised against the tempest of public outrage.

In the highest chamber of the castle, Taehyung sat by the open window, his eyes reflecting the tumultuous scene outside. His heart felt heavier than the crown upon his head. The whispers of his court had turned into a cacophony of accusations, all because he had dared to love. His love was not for a princess from a neighboring kingdom or a lady of the court, but for a commander with eyes that sparkled brighter than any jewel and a smile that could melt the iciest of hearts. A boy named Jungkook.

Taehyung's gaze drifted to the velvet-covered chair beside him. It was there that Jungkook had sat, just hours earlier, their fingers intertwined as they had shared their deepest secrets and fears. The warmth of Jungkook's touch lingered, a stark reminder of the joy that now felt so distant. A tear slipped down the king's cheek, unnoticed by the rabble below. He knew he had to act, to show his people that love knew no bounds, but the fear of losing Jungkook gripped him tighter than any iron chain.

The castle door creaked open, and Jungkook stepped into the chamber, his eyes swollen from his own tears. He had been watching the protest from a hidden corner, his heart breaking with each cruel word thrown at the man he loved. His eyes searched the room, finding Taehyung's sad form by the window. "Hyungie," he called softly, his voice trembling.

Taehyung turned, his eyes red-rimmed and his cheeks wet with tears. Jungkook's heart ached at the sight, and he rushed to his side, wrapping his arms around the king's waist. "You don't have to do this," he whispered, his voice barely audible over the din outside. "You can leave me. Save yourself from their wrath."

The king's grip tightened around Jungkook, his breath hitching. "Never," he murmured. "I didn't fight to bring us this far just to give you up." Jungkook's arms tightened in return, his own eyes filling with tears that spilled onto Taehyung's royal robes. "Your love is worth more than any crown," he whispered back, burying his face into Jungkook's chest.

And so they stood, the king and his beloved, united in their sorrow, as the world outside continued to rage against them. Yet, in that moment, the love that had sparked a kingdom's fury was also the beacon of hope that neither of them was willing to extinguish.  

I will fight
I will fight for you
I always do, until my heart
Is black and blue

"We will face this together," Taehyung said, his voice firm despite the tremble in his chest. He wiped away Jungkook's tears with his thumb, his eyes filled with determination. "We will show them that love is not a crime, but a strength that can conquer any obstacle."

Jungkook nodded, trying to find his own resolve in the face of such adversity. He knew that their love was true and that it was worth fighting for, but the fear of losing Taehyung, of seeing him hurt by the very people he was meant to lead, was a burden too heavy to bear. "What if they never accept us?" he asked, his voice barely a whisper.

Taehyung took a deep breath, the weight of his crown seeming to grow heavier with each passing second. He looked into Jungkook's eyes, those eyes that had captured his heart from the very beginning. "Then we will build a new kingdom," he said, "one where love is celebrated, not condemned. One where we can live freely, without fear of judgement."

The two lovers held each other close, drawing comfort from their shared warmth. The shouts from the protesters grew louder, their anger a palpable force that seemed to shake the very foundations of the castle. Yet, in that chamber of love and despair, a quiet resolve grew stronger with each passing minute.

The king wiped his own tears and straightened his back, the crown on his head feeling lighter with every beat of his heart that sang for Jungkook. He knew what he had to do. He had to stand up to the tyranny of ignorance and fight for the love that had brought him more joy than he had ever thought possible.

And I will stay
I will stay with you
We'll make it to the other side
Like lovers do

Taehyung took a deep breath, inhaling the sweet, earthy scent of the rain-kissed concrete. His heart was a caged bird, fluttering with a peculiar mix of joy and melancholy. The cool droplets kissed his skin, mingling with the warmth of his tears. He felt both alive and lost, a paradox that only the rain could comprehend.

"Would you like to dance with me?" Taehyung asked, his voice a mix of hope and vulnerability.

For a moment, Jungkook hesitated, the gravity of the question sinking in.

 Then, with a nod that was more of a silent promise, he took Taehyung's hand, their fingers interlocking like two lost puzzle pieces finding their way home. Together, they stepped into the open, the rain enveloping them like a warm embrace as they began to sway to the rhythm of the rain.

I'll reach my hands out in the dark
And wait for yours to interlock
I'll wait for you
I'll wait for you

As the seconds stretched into minutes, their movements grew more fluid, their hearts syncing with the tempo of the downpour. The world around them faded away, leaving only the sound of the rain and the beat of their hearts echoing through the night.

Their eyes met, and in that moment, everything changed. The rain no longer felt cold; it was a warm, comforting blanket that wrapped them in a cocoon of shared feelings. Taehyung leaned in closer, whispering, "I wish we are lovers in every life." Jungkook's grip tightened, and he looked up, meeting Taehyung's gaze with a fierce determination. "We will be," he murmured, as if making a vow to the very universe itself.

And so they danced, the rain washing away their fears and leaving only the truth of their hearts exposed. Each step was a silent promise, each beat of their hearts a declaration of a love that transcended time and space. In that stolen moment on the rooftop, under the weeping sky, their souls entwined, and the world fell away.

I'm not givin' up
I'm not givin' up, givin' up
No not me
Even when nobody else believes
I'm not goin' down that easily
So don't give up on me