Chapter three

OKAY PREPARE A LOT OF TALKING

An Hour ticked by slowly, the tension between us growing with each passing moment. As the time dragged on, my frustration mounted, and I found myself unable to sit still. My foot tapped impatiently on the ground, and I spun around in the chair, fidgeting restlessly. I feel so bored, but seeing her makes me happy. The only thing entertaining me. Finally, unable to take much more, I spoke up, my voice edged with irritation. "This is unbearable. I can't be here the entire war right?"

Eris approached me, a tablet in her hands. The tablet was unlike anything I had seen before, its surface covered in dark, ominous markings that looked suspiciously Hive in origin. As she held it out to me, I sat up straighter, taking a closer look at the strange object. I felt a strange sense of familiarity, as if I'd seen it before, but I couldn't quite place where. I looked up at Eris, my mind racing with a mix of curiosity and trepidation at her words. What would happen if I touched it? Would I be able to glean any information from it? A thousand questions ran through my head, but I could see the determination in her eyes. I swallowed, my hands trembling slightly as I reached out to take the tablet.

As my fingers brush against the surface of the tablet, I feel a sudden wave of pain course through my head. It's as if something's been unleashed, and I'm bombarded with flashes of images and sounds. Images of Xal'thun, the sword of darkness... A voice whispers in my mind, echoing through my thoughts. 'Your destiny...' it says, its words tinged with a dark, ominous tone. As I struggle to process what's happening, I realize that the voice sounds eerily familiar... Eris watches me closely as I struggle with the visions, her eyes studying my every movement. She seems to be weighing something in her mind, her expression a mixture of concern and curiosity. Meanwhile, I continue to wrestle with the images and voices flowing through my mind, trying to make sense of it all.

As the visions subsided and I caught my breath, I looked up at Eris, my mind still spinning from what I had just experienced. The images of Xal'thun and the sword of darkness lingered in my mind, like a haunting nightmare. "I had visions...," I say, my voice strained. "It was about Xal'thun, and then the sword of darkness. Someone was completely absorbed by it...it was scary, but it also felt strangely familiar..."

Eris's expression flickers for a moment, as if she's hiding something. But she quickly composes herself and goes back to her research, completely focused on the task at hand. Meanwhile, I sit there feeling frustrated and restless, desperately wanting to know what she's not telling me. I wait a couple of seconds then she speaks up. "Vellara and Nythra, daughters of Oryx. They are the rulers of this godforsaken planet, the hive and taken. Have formed an, alliance with each other. To kill one common enemy, Guardians. Their power mixed together is making them stronger, the hive make more sacrifices. Their aim for power and to rule, to get revenge. You."

I listen intently as Eris speaks, my heart racing at the news she's sharing. The hive and the taken, working together, united by a common goal to destroy guardians...it's a chilling thought. I can feel a cold sweat forming on my forehead as I contemplate the implications of this newfound alliance. And then, she mentions me. "Me?" I ask, a flutter of fear in my voice. "They want revenge on me?"

I put my hand on my chest, "what a honor. They are too thoughtful to have me in mind." I lean back on my chair but while Eris is serious and continues talking, "They are blood thirsty for you. There is something within you, something soaking in your skin. In your path, there is something there that makes them want you. Not to kill you. But to control you." I listen carefully to Eris's words, my heart pounding in my chest. The realization that the hive and the taken are specifically targeting me, that there's something within me they want...it's terrifying.

I swallow hard, trying to steady my nerves. "Control me? I mean when I was fighting them, they went absolutely crazy when they saw me. i did get an eerie feeling but I brushed it off." Eris nods, her expression grim but not surprised by my words. "They are obsessed with you, for some reason. It's not just a simple desire to kill you, it seems personal. Like they have some sort of plan for you."