Chapter Twelve

In a flash, you teleport over to the battlefield and swiftly target the massive Taken Ogre, firing your weapon to halt its beam attack on the other guardians' cover. The beast turns towards you and roars in anger, its monstrous form much larger than usual. Alongside it, a wizard, knight, and two additional ogres stand ready, their sheer size an intimidating sight. As you take in the situation, a sense of uneasiness washes over you. The deeper you venture into the depths of the moon, the more powerful these Taken Hive appear to be, their strength and size seeming to escalate.

You fire your weapon at the Taken Hive, drawing their attention towards you. As you race through the area, you notice it expands and gets larger with every step you take. It's as if the space around you is adapting to your movement, growing bigger and bigger with no clear end in sight. The immense power of the Wizard becomes immediately apparent as it materializes in front of you, halting your progress. In an instant, it forms a protective forcefield that deflects your Dark Golden Gun attack, redirecting the golden bullet straight at your chest.

The force of the impact sends you sprawling to the ground, a sharp pain exploding from the point of contact. The strength and defensive capabilities of these Taken Hive bewilder you; they seem to anticipate and counter every move you make, despite not possessing the ability to communicate. The barrage of beams from the three ogres intensifies, their energy pummeling your body and causing excruciating pain. The sheer force of their attack catapults you through the air like a ragdoll, your limbs flailing helplessly until you finally manage to come to a halt.

With a desperate effort, I force yourself to get up, summoning the strength to hold my arms up in a futile attempt to shield myself from the onslaught. But the power of the beams proves too overwhelming, and their relentless assault causes my arms to burn in agony. I guess overtime, when you hate someone so much. You really begin to study them, my actions become so predictable. I've become an open book unable to be closed or to be burned. I need to change my ways, anything but the darkness. But as it lays its hand on my shoulder and I see the upcoming force, it's like I can't resist. No I've used it before, but I feel weakened. I feel more drawn, I am trying so hard to resist it. But I have Riven, the darkness. My destiny by my feet.

Awaiting for me to make the moves to become into 'my destiny' one I cannot seem to get out of my head. No matter the brain wiping, no matter what. Xal'thun and the daughters, they will remind me what I have to do. What I have to use, I've used the light for so long. For so many years, now it's time I use the darkness. For good. It has to be, it can't be anything else. I wont make it anything else. It'll be the best thing to ever come, I will show the way. That I am not Riven, I will do what Eris told me. Use the darkness for good, I know they trust me. I wont let them down, I. I can't.

With my thoughts on my shoulders. In that moment, I allow the darkness to envelope me, feeling it cloak me in an overshield. The whispered voices of the darkness fill my mind, a sensation that resonates deep within me. Despite the ongoing barrage of pain, I remain unyieldingly determined. With a gesture of my hand, I lift the powerful Taken Hive into the air, rendering them helpless as they are trapped within your grip. As they struggle futility against my grasp, I slowly begin to siphon away the dark power that resides within them.

"Stop! You can't do that in front of the guardians! Either they will be interested or hate it! Showing this kind of power in front of other guardians isn't right. For right now."  He cautions me not to reveal your dark powers in front of the other guardians. Pfff whatever, he always does this. But Reluctantly, I comply with my ghost's warning, releasing the taken hive from my dark grip. As I turn my gaze towards the small group of guardians nearby, observing my actions, I smile slightly, realizing that this wasn't a trap after all. There was actual guardians that genuinely needed my help.