CHAPTER 26 - something good

KOU
—❁—

"It's getting worse Hanako." I mutter as I push the 3rd stall door open, seeing that Hanako was sitting on the upper part of the toilet as he looked at a magazine.

"Hey!" He exclaims, quickly tossing the magazine away and trying his best to brush it off as he floated out of the stall.

"Kid, what have I told you about talking to me first when you wanted to come and see me? I can't have you interrupting my me time!"
"Your me time is literally all the time? Nobody comes around here anymore."
"That's what you like to believe. I'm actually quite popular with the kids these days.. word is spreading about my rumor again and as of lately I'm getting an increased number of 'em coming up here to see if it's true."
"Seriously? I thought all the crap about the rumors left with Sakura and that other jerk."
"You'd be surprised. Now.. what brings you to my bathroom this time?"
"It's about Tsukasa. He's definitely en route of gaining enough energy to make some sort of reappearance."
"I thought your brother concealed him, how is that possible?"
"I have no idea.. but he's starting to torment Sousuke and I again. Sousuke doesn't realize it, but I do."
"Oh.. so you and that girly fella are back together again?"
"Yeah, but I'm not here to talk about that." I exhale. "Tsukasa is watching us.. Sousuke and I. I just know it. Plus, Teru and I went and ran surveillance around the new place that Sakura and Natsuhiko are running out of. They're wanting to usher Sousuke back into their inner circle so that they can use him to push Tsukasa's energy over the edge."
"Since when are exorcists obliged to running surveillance?"
"We aren't.. but I make it a personal problem when it's in favor of the person I love and not having to worry about him being slaughtered for some idiotic apparition revival mission."
"Gee kid, I had no idea that you had it in you."
"I've had it in me ever since 7th year. I've already lost Sousuke countless times and I'll be damned if Tsukasa tries taking him away from me again."
"Speaking of.. have you spoken to Yashiro recently?"
"Senpai?" I softly scratch the back of my head, trying to remember the last time I actually spoke to her. "Uhh—no, I don't think so. She's some big time secretary or office worker now, so she doesn't have time for me."
"I see." I watch Hanako float over to the windowsill and take a stead, gazing out of the large stained glass window and off into the vast distance of the city. "What about your brother?"
"I'm not actually sure, but I doubt it.."
Hanako softly exhales. "That's alright Kid, you better get on to school."
"You're still hooked on her? Like.. seriously?"
"Perhaps I am, but we have bigger fish to fry than that."
I frown slightly and walk over to him, softly patting his shoulder before glancing out the window that he was looking out of.
"So this is your every day?"
"Pretty much, yes. But don't worry Kid.. I've grown more than used to it after a while. You better get on to school."
"Don't worry, next time I'll give you notice before showing up."
"I appreciate it Kid."
I turn my slight frown into a slight smile before leaving the bathroom and continuing on out of the building.

It must totally suck being a ghost.. especially when you're faced with having to watch all of the people you seriously care about get older and move on while you're still exactly the same.

That's the exact reason why I hope that once I'm dead, I stay dead.

Once I made it back outside, I noticed that Sousuke's car was no longer where it was parked. I looked down one direction of the road and looked down the other direction of the road before pulling out my phone and checking the time as well as noticing some messages he had sent me.

Damn.. 1:36. I just missed him.

MESSAGES
[Suke] : almost 1:30 .. wya ??

MESSAGES
[Suke] : im giving u 2 mins
[Suke] : ok .. make it 3

MESSAGES
[Suke] : i cant wait 4ever !!
[Suke] : im leaving idiot