Just Once?

Sakura's P.O.V.

"I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"No. I was the one who hurt you."

"I'm okay."

No one understood why I requested to be transferred to Squad 10. Toshiro immediately made me 3rd seat. He told me that he'd rather have Matsumoto as a lieutenant even though I was stronger than her. Matsumoto explained that it had something to do with her being the one who conveinced Toshiro to be a Soul Reaper.

"How old is Toshiro?" I asked Matsumoto.

The two of us were in the captain's office of Squad 10. Toshiro was lost in his paperwork. He was sitting at his desk, in clear hearing range. Matsumoto and I were on the couch.

"Hmmm......He'll turn 184 next year." Matsumoto answered.

~A/N- I don't know how old he really is! No one does! Just roll with it!~

"Dammit! He's older than me!"

"Am I now?" Toshiro asked.

"Only by two years!" I snapped.

He chuckled and returned to his paperwork. Matsumoto went back to messing with my hair.

"I'm like Toshiro-kun now." I said.

"Yes." She answered.

"How did I die?"

"I'm not sure. Captain?"

"Hn?" He looked up from his desk.

"How did Sakura-chan die?"

A pained look crossed his face, and he dropped his pen. Matsumoto and I both gasped when we saw his tears.

"Toshiro-kun?" I muttered, using flash step to appear in front of his desk.

He looked up at me. I walked around the desk, turned his chair, and got on my knees in front of him. I took his hands and smiled.

"If you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to." I whispered.

He stood up and led me away from the office. He took me to his room.

"Stay with me." He pleaded. "Just this one time?"

I walked up to him, and his green eyes glistened with sadness. I took his hands and kissed his palms. When I let go, he pulled me into a tight hug. His entire body shook the more he cried. I traced patterns on his arm, and he slowly calmed down.

"I love you." He said suddenly.

"T-Toshiro?" I stuttered.

He sighed and held his forehead to mine. "I should've told you sooner. I was always mean to you because I hated how fast you made me fall in love. When I found out you were dead, I didn't believe it. I could still feel your spirit energy. Giselle said she had gotten a new 'toy', and you walked out from behind a demolished building. She wouldn't tell me how you died."

I touched his cheek. "Toshiro, I love you more than you could possibly know."