Beach Party

Sakura's P.O.V.

"Hurry up! They're coming!"

Toshiro sighed. We were holding hands, and I was leading him to his party. He was already sweating because of the sun.

"Happy birthday, Captain!" All of our friends from the Soul Society yelled when we reached them.

"Happy Birthday, Toshiro!" Our human friends and Ichigo yelled.

Toshiro raised his eyebrows. I smiled when he looked at me. He wiped sweat from his forehead, and my smile instantly vanished.

"You want to be inside, don't you?" I asked.

"I'm too hot right now, Love. I'll come out in a bit." He answered.

I lowered my head and walked to Rangiku. She laid her hand on my shoulder.

"What's wrong?" She muttered, crouching down to look me in the eyes.

"Toshiro-kun doesn't like his party." I whispered, tears rolling down my face.

She wiped my tears away. "Go put on your bikini. That might make him come out."

She gave me a bag, and I walked into the snack shake. Inoue and Uryu were there.

"Hi!" Inoue smiled.

"Hello." I muttered as I walked by her.

Toshiro was huddled in a corner, as far from the door as possible. He looked at me as I went to the bathroom. I quickly changed into my bathing suit, and I checked myself in the mirror. The color was a dark blue, and there were light blue ice flowers on it. I remembered Rangiku telling me that Uryu was making mine by hand. I didn't ask why.

"Wow! That looks pretty on you, Sakura!" Inoue yelled when I walked out of the bathroom.

I blushed and looked away. I saw Uryu out of the corner of my eye. He had gone behind the counter, and he was starting to cook what I assumed would be lunch.

"Ishida-san!" I said, walking to the counter.

"Hm?" He looked at me over his shoulder.

"Rangiku told me you made my bathing suit by hand."

"I only stitched on the designs."

"Is that all?" I sat on one of the bar stools. "You did a fantastic job. Thank you, Uryu."

"N-No problem."

I stood and walked away. I stood in front of Toshiro. He blushed when he looked at me.

I love how I can make any man blush. I thought.

"Don't stay here too long, Toshiro-kun." I muttered, crouching down. "You'll miss out on all the fun."

I kissed his cheek and took Hyorinmaru from him. He reached out and grabbed my hand. I looked at him, and before I could even blink, I was in his lap. He pulled the strap of my bikini top away from my shoulder and pressed his lips to my skin.

"I'll be out soon." He mumbled.

"I-If you say so." I answered.

He lowered his arms, and I scrambled to my feet. I grabbed Hyorinmaru again and ran outside. I stepped out onto the sand, and my feet were instantly on fire.

"Reign over the frosted frozen sky! Hyorinmaru!" I growled.

A path of ice formed under my feet. It ran all over the beach. I smiled and ran along the ice, a smile on my face and laughs bubbling out of me. Everyone watched me as I ran past them, and I eventually ended up in the water.

"Sakura-chan is happy!" Rukia yelled.

I laughed louder, and I couldn't help myself. I hated the heat as much as Toshiro did, and being able to run around without having to worry about passing out excited me. When Toshiro walked out of the snack shake, his eyes widened in surprise at the ice path. Most of the others were staring at him because he wasn't wearing his shirt.

"Captain?!" Rangiku yelled.

I ran out of the water, Hyorinmaru in my hand. Toshiro looked at me and smiled. He held his arms out, and I hugged him when I was close. His arms wrapped around me, and I could feel a laugh coming from him.

"You're wet!" He chuckled.

"I was in the water! Of course I'm wet!" I answered, laughing with him.

~~~

"Draw your sword! We shall fight!" Ikkaku yelled at me.

"I'm doing something right now, Ikkaku!"

"What the hell are you doing all the way up there?"

"Making a sculpture! Rangiku is distracting Toshiro for me!"

"Get down before you fall!"

"Ichigo, I'm not gonna fall!"

I was at least fifty feet in the air. I was working on a sand sculpture of me and Toshiro with our zanpakutos' spirit forms. I had already finished the sculpture of me, Toshiro, and Ryotashio. Hyorinmaru was the hardest to do because of his icicles.

"Get down right now!" Toshiro's voice snapped.

I looked down to see Rangiku chasing Toshiro. He was running toward the bottom of the sand sculpture.

"Rangiku! You promised!" I yelled.

"He's faster than me!" She answered.

I finished working on the sculpture and jumped down. When I got close to the bottom, Ryotashio's snake form popped out of the sand. I slid down his back and ran the rest of the way as I went to Toshiro.

"Look!" I yelled excitedly, pointing to the sculpture. "I made it for you!"

He hugged me from behind and looked up at the sculpture. A small smile tugged at his lips.

"Can you make it out of ice? I think that would look great in front of the barracks at home." He muttered.

"I won't make it that big." I answered. "I can make one twenty feet tall. It won't look the same though."

"That's fine."

I smiled. "So you like it?"

"Yes. I wish you hadn't put yourself in danger to make it."

"Go stand on top of it!" Rangiku yelled, holding up my camera.

Toshiro lowered his arms. I grabbed his hand and pulled him with me. Rangiku took a ton of pictures as Toshiro and I stood at different parts of the sculpture.