First Kiss

Toshiro's P.O.V.

"Poison cut!"

Sakura's stance faltered, and she missed the Hollow by a few inches. It smacked her away with ease, and Sakura slammed into the ground. The concrete was destroyed the second Sakura made contact with it.

"Sakura!" I yelled.

"Stay back!" She snapped. "I don't need your help!"

She stood with her legs apart, and she threw her zanpakuto at the Hollow.

"Bankai!" She growled.

A large puff of smoke surrounded her zanpakuto, and when the smoke cleared, a gigantic green snake was in its place. I looked at Sakura. She had her back to me. I watched as she looked at Karin over her shoulder. Karin could clearly see her, and she was trembling.

Sakura is.....jealous?

~~~

"How stupid are you? You could have been killed!"

"I'm fine on my own, Toshiro. Quit being such a dumbass!"

Sakura had returned to her gigai after she killed the Hollow. There was a scratch on her cheek.

"What is your problem?" I growled, grabbing her arm.

When she looked at me, her eyes were stone cold. She pushed me away and went to talk to Ichigo. We were all at the local soccer field. Karin was waiting for me as she played with her soccer ball.

I looked at the fragile human. She smiled and kicked the ball toward me. I raised my arm and let the ball hit me.

"What's wrong, Toshiro?" She asked.

Something hard hit me in the back of my head. I looked over at Sakura and Ichigo. Said male was standing in a position that revealed he was the one who threw something. Sakura was beside him, tears streaming down her face. My heart throbbed.

I looked at the ground to see what Ichigo had thrown at me. Sakura's camera laid unscatched in the grass. I crouched down and picked it up. I turned it in my hands to see a picture of me Sakura had taken while we were at the amusement park. I had a smile on my face.

I stood up and held the camera as I walked over to Sakura. I ignored Ichigo as he started yelling at me.

"Smile." I whispered to Sakura, holding the camera up and aiming it at her.

She wiped her tears away and gave me a closed eye smile. I took a picture of her and smiled. I gave the camera to Ichigo.

"Take a picture. If you ruin it, I'll ruin your face." I told him.

He aimed the camera at us. I laid my hands on Sakura's neck and smiled. The click of the camera rang in my ears as Ichigo took several pictures of me while I leaned down toward Sakura. She gasped before I pressed my lips to hers. When I pulled away, her dark blue eyes glittered with joy. Ichigo held out the camera. Sakura took it and looked through the pictures.

~~~

"You took a lot of pictures!"

"It was my first time there! I wanted to remember!"

Sakura had printed out the pictures while we were in the World of the Living. She was showing them to Rangiku. I was sitting at my desk, working on a few papers.

"Oh! Your party is later tonight!" Rangiku smiled.

Sakura smiled back and walked over to me. She held out two of the pictures. I took them and smiled. One was when I took a picture of her kicking the soccer ball. The other was of us kissing.

"Thank you." I told her.

She smiled. It wasn't like how she smiled to others. When she smiled at me, she always had this look of desire.

~~~

"Isn't this party amazing?" Rangiku asked, the smell of alcohol on her breath.

"Exceptionally." Sakura answered, leaning away from Rangiku.

"Time for presents!" Renji yelled.

Sakura blushed. Rukia was the first to give her a present. Sakura took it sheepishly, and a smile found its way on her face as she opened it to find a few Soul Candy dispensers.

"Thanks, Rukia. I was running low on Soul Candy." She said.

After opening all of her gifts, I grabbed Sakura's hand and pulled her aside. She looked at me, confusion clouding her usually bright eyes. I held out a small box wrapped in green paper. She took it and carefully ripped it open.

"A.....necklace?" She whispered, holding up the chain.

At the end of it hung a dragon. It was painted blue. She smiled and hugged me.

"I love it, Toshiro!" She cheered.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around her.

"I knew you would."

"You're cold to the core, Toshiro, but it seems someone has hit a soft spot." Rangiku smirked.